U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-27-2008, 10:24 AM

5 posts, read 20,661 times
Default Things to do New Year's Eve in Sioux Falls?

My wife and I will be staying in Sioux Falls just one night (New Year's Eve) and I was wondering what are some of the recommended places to go for a few drinks and some dancing?

I'm flying in from New York City and don't expect to see Times Square in Sioux Falls, but where do most people go to bring in the new year?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 05:39 PM

22 posts, read 111,763 times
Depends what age group you're in. David's and Wiley's (downtown) are both having New Year's parties. There's always dancing at David's and Wiley's will probably set up a dance floor for the night. There's a cover charge at David's but none at Wiley's. They are in easy walking distance. (about 4 blocks) If you want a little quieter night I'd suggest checking out Paramount (Piano bar) and Touch of Europe (live jazz/good food/drinks). Both of these are downtown also, about a block away from each other. You could ask the hotel concierge or front desk for directions. I'd suggest staying downtown so you don't have to get a cab. It wont be easy to get one on New Years.

The city also hosts a First Night party every year, but I don't know a whole lot about it. Tickets are $5-$20 and it gets you in to several places. They have an alcohol free ticket or a 21+ ticket.
http://www.firstnightsiouxfalls.org/

Old 12-27-2008, 06:23 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,390,065 times
skate342 pretty much hit it on the spot.
If you need directions/addresses, let us know.

Old 12-30-2008, 04:18 PM

16 posts, read 28,521 times
There is a hockey game there New Years Eve against my Lincoln Stars. I think there is suppose to be a band there afterwards. I have to work all day so I can't come up and go.

Old 12-15-2010, 03:16 PM

1 posts, read 5,043 times
FYI theres no cover charge at David this year either.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:47 AM

3 posts, read 6,678 times
Rookies is having a band too. Lunar Funk Theory. A lot of fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Sioux Falls