U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 12:15 PM

8,315 posts, read 10,086,209 times
I fell asleep once during a soccer game. Todays game with england vs united states ill watch though. Chip chip cheerio & go USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2010, 12:24 PM

39 posts, read 2,926 times
Table tennis will rule the WORLD someday. Trust me on that.

Old 06-12-2010, 12:46 PM

I have watched the first 15 mins of the game & its too boring for me. Ill watch something else on tv like a movie or baseball game (later today).

Old 06-12-2010, 12:51 PM

39 posts, read 2,926 times
^ Not to offend you(I like baseball too) but wait to hear about someone saying how baseball is boring.

Old 06-12-2010, 03:12 PM

Soccer, tennis, lacross, rugby & golf is boing to me. Curling is weird.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:29 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,138,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangaroofarmer View Post
You've never heard of One Day or Twenty20 cricket? Twenty20 only takes around 3 hours to play and is the most widely popular format.
No but try as I might I've also never even been able to play or watch a cricket game. It's a hard sport to get into here in the US. Although a few colleges have club and intramural teams and the first high school teams were started a few years back so its getting more popular.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:33 PM

1,803 posts, read 1,171,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
No but try as I might I've also never even been able to play or watch a cricket game. It's a hard sport to get into here in the US. Although a few colleges have club and intramural teams and the first high school teams were started a few years back so its getting more popular.
DirecTV had a few games on their Channel 101 as a sort of advertising for their premium Cricket Package. I watched for about 25 minutes and I don't think I picked up even one rule. Not having some basis really put me at a disadvantage.

Old 06-12-2010, 06:40 PM

10,560 posts, read 7,378,281 times
Quote:
Cricket is an absorbing game rather than an exciting one. It takes time to get into but once hooked ......

Old 06-12-2010, 06:50 PM

2,818 posts, read 4,073,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Cricket is an absorbing game rather than an exciting one. It takes time to get into but once hooked ......
Quote:
It's fairly hard to get into it if you live in a place like the USA but as stated above, its an absorbing game once you get to know it.

Old 06-12-2010, 07:18 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,138,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
DirecTV had a few games on their Channel 101 as a sort of advertising for their premium Cricket Package. I watched for about 25 minutes and I don't think I picked up even one rule. Not having some basis really put me at a disadvantage.
According to what I've read on wikipedia it really is a fair bit like baseball except there is only one "base" aside from "home plate," the batter can elect not to run on a hit, and the batter stays at bat if he hits a "home run." Things in quotes denote that while the concept as I understand it is similar in cricket the actual thing is different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer