U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2010, 11:42 AM

34,990 posts, read 34,817,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
I think his three wives and various girlfriends might disagree with you characterization.
Yeah, I know
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 02:53 PM

322 posts, read 707,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaconFM View Post
"USA" were also very lucky that the worst of the worst of goalkeeping errors gifted them a goal.
Conversely, it was bad defensive play (positioning) that allowed England to get open on its goal. No difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaconFM View Post
Aside from the England team not playing to their full potential, USA were outplayed for most of the game.
The U.S. did not play to its full potential either.

Old 06-13-2010, 03:22 PM

352 posts, read 476,104 times
In what world is England a football superpower?

They are only good to the english speaking part of the world, who gets overpowered by their media.

English is a little bit above average, and qualified easily because of a horrible group(Kinda like USA topping the god awful Concacaf region)

Old 06-13-2010, 03:30 PM

3,790 posts, read 7,808,899 times
Isn't soccer THE sport of England? The 1-1 draw must be a huge loss for their fans. No spotted dick for you!!!

Old 06-13-2010, 05:24 PM

19 posts, read 18,415 times
Default Go usa

USA amizing people may hate but here is why beacuse God is with us beacuse we are no lil chickens and we stand for truth take that England..hahah just messing but really step up like USA USA USA USA USA

Old 06-13-2010, 05:24 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,257,164 times
Rob Green, is a MAN about his gaff. He gets props from me. I'm not a fan of soccer at all, -edit- but I do realize that it is a big thing around the world, and the man has owned up to his mistake in a big way.

Rob Green makes no excuses, reminds us that he's 30 - Dirty Tackle - World Soccer*Blog - Yahoo! Sports (http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Rob-Green-makes-no-excuses-reminds-us-that-he-s?urn=sow,247912 - broken link)

I have to give him props for that.

Last edited by DOUBLE H; 06-14-2010 at 03:15 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 05:25 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,639,354 times
Anyone heard of paper tigers? That's the English football team

Clearly the most overrated team on the face of the earth. They make good tabloid junk items of the tabloid hungry Brit crowd. Their victory in the 1966 world cup was mere fluke. I guess luck works all the way through for some people.

And since then, how many trophies have they lifted except occupies centerfolds and front pages of magazines. They contain some big names who are so big only to collapse like a pack of cards in the crunch matches. I can bet right now that they are crashing out of the world cup in the most ridiculous way possible. LOL.

I was rooting for the USA to win all the way through. The draw was alright, but that was formidable goalkeeping by the English goalie. I can bet my grandma can send a pumpkin past his ham hands

Old 06-13-2010, 06:17 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,001,337 times
Plz guys,let's keep the comments within the TOS...

Let's discuss politely...

Old 06-13-2010, 06:17 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,382,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAteAllThePies View Post
Listen wanker, the England national football team are crap and have been for some time. Our strengths are our club teams, rather than our national team. While our national team may be average, our club teams would **** all over any MLS team. As for the World Cup, the pressure was on England in the first game and they did the job (they didn't lose). They will improve after this game, while the US team will struggle as I don't see them scoring many goals at this level.

The arrogance of you people is amazing. For all your retarded **** taking, I'm glad that I don't live in the US!
And the reason is that your club teams are full of foreigners. Even your best coaches are not English but rather Scottish, French, Irish, Italian, etc.. I don't think an English coach has ever won the EPL and neither has a team composed entirely of English players.

England needs to improve after this game and it isn't about the goalkeeping. Your defence is so pedestrian that any side with decent pace will show them up. The Queen Mary can turn quicker than Carragher or Milner FFS Lampard and Gerrard just don't work as a midfield pairing, England demonstrated no ability to use the width of the park in order to stretch the US defence and the few times they did get wide, the crosses into the middle were shocking. Finally, you have a striker in Heskey that is incapable of scoring goals and a great player in Rooney that was increasingly forced to come back to the half way line to get the ball. What does that say about your midfield that your most able player never sees the ball.

Old 06-13-2010, 06:37 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,001,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
Well... atleast you're honest about it.... I can respect that, I guess!

It just trips me out how folks such as yourself who don't like soccer seek it out to slam it... For example, I don't really dig baseball, so I don't really watch it/follow it/play it but I don't actively pursue baseball fans to slam their sport or degrade them, I just take it as "hey... that's their thing, not really mine and it's all good"... That's all...

Aerosmith sing... "Don't get mad,get even"...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or