U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2010, 11:48 AM

5,822 posts, read 9,475,934 times

Advertisements

Today USA was almost beaten by Slovenia, which is not a powerhouse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2010, 12:46 PM

1,700 posts, read 4,062,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Today USA was almost beaten by Slovenia, which is not a powerhouse.
And USA is?

Old 06-18-2010, 01:38 PM

5,822 posts, read 9,475,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwalkr View Post
And USA is?
No, the USA is not a powerhouse. That was the point! :-)

Antlered keeps saying the USA is a better team than England, but I disagree completely.

Old 06-18-2010, 01:47 PM

1,700 posts, read 4,062,672 times
Quote:

Antlered keeps saying the USA is a better team than England, but I disagree completely.
While USA is not on par with the Euro countries, I do think those countries are way too overconfident and already foolishly planning their knockout rounds. Rankings don't play the game for you, the players have to show up and play the game. Just ask the country that Slovenia knocked out for their WC spot.

Old 06-18-2010, 03:41 PM

19,020 posts, read 25,556,091 times
Quote:

I never said that. Did you just see the algeria match? I was in champs in park meadows, and trust me, that was the most awful display by a "better team"

I was just rooting for the USA to drub this stupid team which is always over-hyped by the British media. Given how the Americans were determined and almost went 3-2, thanks to the moronic referee, they could have easily defeated the English team.

The Algerians at least had 60% of the ball possession. WoW

Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 AM

10,907 posts, read 29,393,405 times
Altitude could cause soccer players to overshoot - Science- msnbc.com

Johannesburg is "higher" than Denver.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:01 AM

149 posts, read 92,917 times
What frustrates English fans with the England team is thatwe can't understand how these players who are top footballerswith their home teams, can't seem to reproduce this formwhen they play for England. Wayne Rooney has had a greatseason for Manchester United, scoring a lot of goals. Youput him in an England shirt and he's running round like a headless chicken!! There is talk that the players are upsetat the way the manager is ordering them to play, in a stylethey don't like. We shall see what changes are made.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:16 AM

3,516 posts, read 5,457,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by david eckersall View Post
What frustrates English fans with the England team is thatwe can't understand how these players who are top footballerswith their home teams, can't seem to reproduce this formwhen they play for England. Wayne Rooney has had a greatseason for Manchester United, scoring a lot of goals. Youput him in an England shirt and he's running round like a headless chicken!! There is talk that the players are upsetat the way the manager is ordering them to play, in a stylethey don't like. We shall see what changes are made.
Loved the papers headline hear yesterday "Land of Hope, NOT glory" geez i wish i could have got a hold of a copy of the sun afer that effort!

Old 06-20-2010, 10:15 AM

149 posts, read 92,917 times
Yeah, the papers here in England scent blood!! They are readyto tear the manager to pieces. If they don't win the next gameand are sent home blood will be shed!!! Lol..... I hope theyput in a good performance and show what they can do. Its astrange team, I've watched them for many years. One gamethey're rubbish, next game they beat the Germans 5 - 2. Younever know what you're gonna git!!!

Old 06-20-2010, 10:30 AM

740 posts, read 1,841,831 times
English press will rip the England team even when they win. Good news or bad news, they are always baring fangs slashing and ripping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer