U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 PM

19,022 posts, read 23,159,449 times

Advertisements

I have given up on directv and the hassle about buying the espn packagae or whatever. They have the most insane call center on earth

Anyone knows of any good and not so expensive sports bar that is great for hanging around and watching the matches in the Denver or the suburbs area? My friends told me of Champs in the park meadows mall, but it's too noisy and will it be weird to go hang in there alone? Not too many soccer fans here, I even scouted around meetup, and I only found English fans congregating for English matches. But given my attitude, they will crucify me

I don't drink. So it would be good if they have nice fat free and gluten free menu too

Suggestions please. I don't wanna miss the key games

I was rooting for the USA to humiliate England. Was disappointed with the draw. But with the English goalie's ham hands, even my grandma can send a pumpkin into his post LMAO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 02:10 PM

1,207 posts, read 3,653,872 times
Well, you can try live streaming online. If you are good with proxies you can watch on BBC/ITV/CBC. Or find a person willing to let you borrow their login info from Comcast and you can watch on ESPN3 online. You can also catch ESPN3 for free on college campuses and military bases, just don't scream 'GOAL!' too loudly in the campus library.

Old 06-14-2010, 03:54 PM

4,527 posts, read 8,327,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I was rooting for the USA to humiliate England.
That's never going to happen.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
That's never going to happen.
Check this out

World Cup 2010: Brick-by-brick fussball - England 1-1 USA | Video | Football | guardian.co.uk

With that kind of masterpiece goalkeeping, the USA can easily go up 3-0

England's the most overrated team on the planet, pumped up by the hallucinated British media. Unfortunately, they're just paper tigers. Let's see who cries this time, during the exit

Old 06-14-2010, 05:30 PM

23,591 posts, read 26,246,854 times
Try The British Bulldog.

Old 06-14-2010, 05:31 PM

87 posts, read 295,880 times
IDK if they do it for all games, or just the USA ones... but my husband went to watch the game this weekend @ McCabe's in Southland's Mall. He said there were quite a few soccer fans there. His country (Croatia) did not make it into the World Cup - but he sported his Croatian jersey anyway. Our good friend is British, so of course he was sporting his GB jersey. The hubs said there were a lot of GB jersies there, but surprisingly a lot of others as well - including France, Brazil, and a couple others that I can't remember. If it's not too inconvienent a drive for you, you might call out there before hand and see if they are broadcasting the games you're interested in. Don't know if they have the type of food you referenced before, but we've gone for both the bar aspect and gone in to eat with the kids before. It's a pretty mixed bag of people in there most days.

Old 06-15-2010, 01:40 AM

1,627 posts, read 3,457,491 times
Jordan's on Evans is showing (so they claim) every match. Don't know about the gluten free menu, but they are right next DU and they seemed to have a fair amount of variety on their menu. It's actually a pretty nice place (and pretty good brew for those into that sort of thing.)

Old 06-15-2010, 02:53 AM

149 posts, read 78,612 times
ebeth, its not an gb jersey, its an England shirt!! Gb stands forGreat Britain, which is England, Scotland, and Wales combined.Just thought I'd say! Good luck USA you played very well> Asfor England, I've been watching them for many years, so I'mnot surprised by our goalie. But we'll raise ourselves for onegood performance before we go home, we always do.

Old 06-15-2010, 09:19 AM

4,527 posts, read 8,327,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
With that kind of masterpiece goalkeeping, the USA can easily go up 3-0
Sorry but you know as well as I do that's one of those rare mistakes anybody can make. Remember Colombia?

Quote:
England's the most overrated team on the planet, pumped up by the hallucinated British media. Unfortunately, they're just paper tigers. Let's see who cries this time, during the exit
I don't support England, but the fact remains that they have a strong soccer culture with a lot of history while USA does not.

Old 06-18-2010, 12:24 PM

If anyone saw today's match, England could well have been trumped by the USA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer