U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 10:24 AM

764 posts, read 1,572,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I am just curious to see if there are any Americans that are following the World Cup, given the U.S. lack of interest in soccer/football.
Majority of Americans do not watch nor do they like soccer, period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroc5156 View Post
Soccer is horrible. The action in the stands is a lot better than the action on the field
LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2010, 11:25 AM

364 posts, read 414,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post

LOL
I'm laughing too. It's hilarious to watch people proudly proclaim their own stupidity.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:18 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,745,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaotix View Post

LOL

If the sport sucks so much why are you taking the time to post in all these threads. You must care about the sport on some level or you would not be in the soccer forum.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:32 AM

764 posts, read 1,572,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
If the sport sucks so much why are you taking the time to post in all these threads. You must care about the sport on some level or you would not be in the soccer forum.
I never said soccer sucks, I criticized the crazed fans and games are too noisy, however, I enjoy watching all sports and will watch championship games especially if the US is competing, I will admit I did watch US vs GHA, but I am not a soccer fan.

Old 07-12-2010, 01:32 PM

17,032 posts, read 26,870,341 times
While I was watching the matches I felt like the best player I saw was that Forlan dude from Uruguay. Sure enough he won the tournament MVP award. I'm picking this sport up a little better.

Last edited by Oildog; 07-13-2010 at 09:40 AM..

Old 07-13-2010, 10:56 AM

2,736 posts, read 3,268,845 times
Soccer is something I started paying attention to in the late 90's. By the 2006 World Cup I'd become a fan, thereafter following the UEFA league tournaments.

In 2008 I bet on Spain as the UEFA tournament winner. As a result of winninig that bet, I felt assured Spain would take home this World Cup's trophy.

As evidenced, I've been much thrilled, enthused and engaged with soccer which is now my favourite of all sports.

This year's World Cup was truly spectacular. And while the final game at times ressembled somewhat of a street fight, the winning goal was a dramatic moment in history of which much will be written about for generations to come.

This is world competition in the purest and most beautiful form, with an undisputible winner at the end. I love the sport and World Cup competition.

I trust this will satisfy the poster's question: "Any Americans following the World Cup?"

Old 07-13-2010, 11:10 AM

3,675 posts, read 7,841,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
While I was watching the matches I felt like the best player I saw was that Forlan dude from Uruguay. Sure enough he won the tournament MVP award. I'm picking this sport up a little better.
I agree! Diego Forlan is an absolute STUD and I really enjoyed watching him play! What a great player... And He even played great hurt, basicaly playing on one leg in the last game vs. Germany and scored an absolute beautiful goal! He was also absolutely amazing on set plays/free kicks... Honestly, I thought his last free kick just outside the box against Germany was going in, it hit the crossbar!! Was so close!!!

Old 07-13-2010, 02:35 PM

80 posts, read 211,218 times
Yea i was
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or