U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 12:34 PM

832 posts, read 1,208,304 times

Advertisements

Argentina in my opinion is the ultimate football country. I enjoy watching them play even more than I do Brazil. Having said that, my hopes were low for this team because of Maradona, I thought he could be a distraction to the team, but the players have really shine in this World Cup, and Maradona’s intoxicating persona has even helped to keep the players out of the spotlight, that has led to a more relaxed and confident team overall. Mexico played really good, and they lost to a football powerhouse. If Argentina loses against Germany, I wouldn’t feel like the “albicelestes” are an incompetent team, they just lost to one of the best team in the football landscape.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 06:10 PM

2,930 posts, read 6,201,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odLa View Post
hi guys, did u see, what did heinze do at celebration goal?

I saw that and was surprised the commentators ignored it. I think his reaction was totally unnecessary, but these players(and all in general, not just argentinians) think they are some kind of Gods who can treat everyone around them like their help or like garbage. Maybe he took "humbleness" and "humility" lessons from Maradona.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:50 AM

1,953 posts, read 2,071,335 times
Messi cheer

Old 06-30-2010, 06:13 AM

364 posts, read 414,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥♥PRINC3Ss♥♥ View Post
I saw that and was surprised the commentators ignored it. I think his reaction was totally unnecessary, but these players(and all in general, not just argentinians) think they are some kind of Gods who can treat everyone around them like their help or like garbage. Maybe he took "humbleness" and "humility" lessons from Maradona.

Did you even watch the video? He was celebrating with his teammates in a non-flamboyant huddle...cameraman got too close and hit him with the camera.

Did you personally get treated like garbage or do you "just know?"

Old 06-30-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingate20 View Post

Did you even watch the video? He was celebrating with his teammates in a non-flamboyant huddle...cameraman got too close and hit him with the camera.

Did you personally get treated like garbage or do you "just know?"
I did, maybe YOU didn't watch the complete video. After he has hit with the camera, Heize THEN hit the camera I'm not the only one, who thinks this way...

"Gabriel Heinze was hit in the face while celebrating Argentina’s second goal, and didn’t take too kindly to it, slapping the camera away"

Video Of Argentina Player Heinze Hit In Face With Camera | World Cup Mexico | SportsGrid

Or do you excuse that behavior because he is an Argentinian player?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:28 AM

Quote:
So the camera man got too close, it's no excuse to hit the camera.
So he pushed the camera away after being hit with it in the face. Maybe there is no excuse for a professional cameraman to hit a player in the head with his camera?

Quote:
You guys just think these people are gods and they're not.
We do? What led you to this presumptuousness?

Old 06-30-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I did, maybe YOU didn't watch the complete video. After he has hit with the camera, Heize THEN hit the camera I'm not the only one, who thinks this way...

"Gabriel Heinze was hit in the face while celebrating Argentinaís second goal, and didnít take too kindly to it, slapping the camera away"

Video Of Argentina Player Heinze Hit In Face With Camera | World Cup Mexico | SportsGrid

Or do you excuse that behavior because he is an Argentinian player?
Well first, the above is stating the fact, not siding with your opinion. I'd excuse the behavior even if it had been the blood rival Forlan. The whole thing is really a non-issue.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingate20 View Post
So he pushed the camera away after being hit with it in the face. Maybe there is no excuse for a professional cameraman to hit a player in the head with his camera?

We do? What led you to this presumptuousness?
Give a break, the camera man didn't hit him on purpose, the camera man got too close and Heinze made a sudden move at the same time. Just an accident, I'm sure the camera man had no intention of hitting him with the camera.

Accidents happen, you know like refs not seeing offsides. No need to overreact or mistreat people ON PURPOSE. Anybody can make an honest mistake even refs.

I don't excuse that kind of behavior, I don't have anything against Argentina, but if their players show this kind of semigod attitude, sure I will not root for them anymore. I can't stand egocentric people that are rude to others.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Give a break, the camera man didn't hit him on purpose, the camera man got too close and Heinze made a sudden move at the same time. Just an accident, I'm sure the camera man had no intention of hitting him with the camera.

Accidents happen, you know like refs not seeing offsides. No need to overreact or mistreat people ON PURPOSE.
Again, I think it's a non-issue. I'm sure neither of them has given it another thought.....not exactly the same kind of accident though.

Old 06-30-2010, 09:43 AM

Quote:
I don't excuse that kind of behavior, I don't have anything against Argentina, but if their players show this kind of semigod attitude, sure I will not root for them anymore. I can't stand egocentric people that are rude to others.
That's an interesting way to formulate generalizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer