U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2010, 12:41 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,345,435 times

Advertisements

Robben does have a tendency to go down very easily but, in most cases, he was actually fouled as witnessed every time there was a slow motion replay. Truth is, the Brazilians took the decision to get physical with Robben from the get-go and it ended up costing them. They could not handle his pace or trickery any other way. The other thing I did not like about the Brazilians was the way they tried to square up to the Dutch early on and their constant whining to the ref.

The Brazilians should have buried this game in the first half when they had the chance. They failed to take that chance and paid the price in the second half. When they conceded the goals they lost their discipline, composure and cohesion and it was all over for them.

And the second Dutch goal was superb, maybe the best I have seen so far in this world cup. It was a wonderfully worked corner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2010, 01:01 PM

5,008 posts, read 10,800,369 times
Oh don't get me wrong, I think the Dutch deserved to win the game, but the distinction here is I believe neither team really deserves to advance this far into the tournament. The Dutch did have a strong second half, and I congratulate them for that, but they need to improve and not play a drama game vs. a soccer game.

Old 07-02-2010, 02:05 PM

81 posts, read 204,607 times
The Dutch are over after this anyway

Old 07-02-2010, 02:53 PM

615 posts, read 443,000 times
I caught the 2nd half of this game, the game winning goal by Holland was awesome. It seemed like Brazil went into self destruction mode after Holland tied the game. It was like the Brazil lost their superiority when Holland tied it up. It reminded me of a bully finally getting hit back, instead of gaining composure, the Brazilians started to act like a bunch of cry baby thugs, it really surprised me. The way Holland, Robben in particular were diving was pathetic though, acting like a retard with the dives makes the game look bad.

Old 07-02-2010, 07:48 PM

2,517 posts, read 9,915,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
I caught the 2nd half of this game, the game winning goal by Holland was awesome. It seemed like Brazil went into self destruction mode after Holland tied the game. It was like the Brazil lost their superiority when Holland tied it up. It reminded me of a bully finally getting hit back, instead of gaining composure, the Brazilians started to act like a bunch of cry baby thugs, it really surprised me. The way Holland, Robben in particular were diving was pathetic though, acting like a retard with the dives makes the game look bad.

You can take brazil out of the trash, but you can't take the trash out of brazil ! nuff said ! dirty brazilians.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM

19,521 posts, read 20,918,694 times
Brazil won the trash-talking competition. Netherlands won the soccer game.

Poetic justice.

Old 07-03-2010, 08:20 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,975,374 times
A lot of players let Brazil down with poor performances (Melo, Fabiano, Bastos), I still think Dunga's Brazil squad was very very good. He should be hired immediately by a big club.

The Dutch are loaded with guile. Mark van Bommell is a Bill Laimbeer/Conrad Dobler type with a streak of excellence. He's the kind of player the US and England desperately need. And Robben ends up on the ground but usually cuz he's beaten his man to the spot again. He can be nearly dominant, a rare adjective in soccer.

Old 07-06-2010, 12:15 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,752,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Sounds like you've got a case of sour grapes. I think it was a marvelous second half performance by the Dutch. They came back against a Brazil team that had NEVER lost a WC match after leading at HT.

Congratulations to the Netherlands!

Agreed. I called this match before the tournament and again when the brackets were actually set. Holland is the most complete team in the tournament and deserved this win. Anytime you execute set pieces like that, you are going to win.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:04 PM

597 posts, read 1,157,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Thats it ... Brazil are going home

I liked your post really. Where did you get that picture?? Very funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer