U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 01:38 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,197,054 times

Advertisements

Since my first two favorite teams have been knocked out I've been pulling for Uruguay.

I was a little worried about this match up but Uruguay is holding their own. I like the team better without Suarez. He was too much drama on the field.

The Dutch came out double and triple teaming Forlan but he scored anyway. That guy's foot is sick. Anyway, the Dutch are leaving other URU players open. I hope Uruguay can capitalize on it.

The announcer on Univision is Jorge Ottati, no? The Uruguayan sports announcer. Listening to Alexi Lalas and Ian Darke butcher the names was grating. The accent marks are on the player's jerseys and they still pronounced them wrong. I'm from NJ and live in South Philly. I know an Italian last name when I see one. It's pronounced Fu-CHEE-lay!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2010, 02:23 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,851,911 times
What a game!!! I can NOT believe the 2nd goal Uruguay just scored!! Interesting now!! Wow... they almost scored!! Wow... final whistle.... Great job Holland!!! Woot woot.....

Old 07-06-2010, 02:32 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,388,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
What a game!!! I can NOT believe the 2nd goal Uruguay just scored!! Interesting now!! Wow... they almost scored!! Wow... final whistle.... Great job Holland!!! Woot woot.....
Got a little nervous there at the end. After the Netherlands had blown several golden opportunities to get that fourth goal too. You would think they're going to have to play quite a bit better than they did today if they want to lift the World Cup. Something about this Dutch team though..they always seem to find a way..

Old 07-06-2010, 02:40 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,197,054 times
I'm feeling an orange and black final on Sunday. I think Saturday's game is going to be Spain beating Uruguay.

Old 07-06-2010, 02:58 PM

2,517 posts, read 9,919,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Got a little nervous there at the end. After the Netherlands had blown several golden opportunities to get that fourth goal too. You would think they're going to have to play quite a bit better than they did today if they want to lift the World Cup. Something about this Dutch team though..they always seem to find a way..

you took the words right out of my mouth. They DO need to pull it together to win the finals. That is for sure. I would recommend taking out that sucky goalkeeper the Dutch are using right now...he is a liability in my eyes. Can they do that ?

Hup hup Holland !

Old 07-06-2010, 03:14 PM

850 posts, read 270,933 times
I'm really proud of our team, Uruguay played a great game today, but Netherlands played better than us, and this is why they won, they deserved it

I think we were playing better when they scored their 2nd goal, and then in least than 5 minutes another goal which make impossible to us, although the last minutes were really shocking and interesting.

Anyway, I'm really proud of the Uruguayan team, and congratulations to Netherlands and all the Dutch people . Now let see who will be the other finalist, and I think that it will be Germany too

Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM

14,253 posts, read 15,357,671 times
It could have been very different.

Van Bommel should have been penalized and red carded for his assault in the move which led to the first Dutch goal.

Sneider could have been red carded for assaulting Caceres.

The Dutch 2nd goal should not have stood.

One wonders if the ref had received instructions from FIFA.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:21 PM

382 posts, read 248,617 times
Go spain!

Old 07-06-2010, 10:06 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,858,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
It could have been very different.

Van Bommel should have been penalized and red carded for his assault in the move which led to the first Dutch goal.

Sneider could have been red carded for assaulting Caceres.

The Dutch 2nd goal should not have stood.

One wonders if the ref had received instructions from FIFA.
you're crazy bro.

Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 PM

3,912 posts, read 4,858,628 times
I love how no one gave the Oranje a chance. looky looky, an ALL European final. **** the media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer