U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2010, 02:59 PM

2,091 posts, read 3,017,104 times

Advertisements

Heck, I'm a Germany fan and this game is a joke. The refs have been awful. I have absolutely no love for Holland, but they got hosed. Just another example of refs manipulating a result.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 02:59 PM

615 posts, read 442,308 times
Well the Spaniards did it, I don't think they deserved this game, Dutch had a few good chances but couldn't finish. Spain becomes the team to score the lowest amount of goals as a WC winner, they scored 8 total. They play a good game, but very boring, but they get to be the champs for the next four years. This was an anti climatic finish to the tourney, this game just never had the heat in it to make it interesting, shame, but that is the way it is. See you all again in 4 years, Insha Allah.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:03 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,840,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
Well the Spaniards did it, I don't think they deserved this game, Dutch had a few good chances but couldn't finish. Spain becomes the team to score the lowest amount of goals as a WC winner, they scored 8 total. They play a good game, but very boring, but they get to be the champs for the next four years. This was an anti climatic finish to the tourney, this game just never had the heat in it to make it interesting, shame, but that is the way it is. See you all again in 4 years, Insha Allah.
I disagree. Other than the obvious RED card the Dutch should have gotten in the 1st half (kick to the chest), the Referee gave Spain this freaking game! That was an OBVIOUS corner just before they scored... not to mention ALL the other calls! Total BS....

Old 07-11-2010, 03:04 PM

38,690 posts, read 89,169,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acuda View Post
Heck, I'm a Germany fan and this game is a joke. The refs have been awful. I have absolutely no love for Holland, but they got hosed. Just another example of refs manipulating a result.
Eh -- but as someone said upthread, Netherlands should have been a man down for most of this game because of that karate kick to the chest. Yeah, the number of yellows in this game was ludicrous, but on balance the Dutch got off a little easy.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:11 PM

5,211 posts, read 5,865,933 times
Congratulations to Spain!

Old 07-11-2010, 03:25 PM

684 posts, read 1,292,713 times
The octopus was right again.

Old 07-11-2010, 03:54 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,770,440 times
I'll never look at octopi the same way again....

Overall, not bad at all. It's (the sport) has picqued my interest and I think it has for many other Americans (if only for the US soccer team).

Bring on Brazil!!!

Old 07-11-2010, 04:11 PM

1,645 posts, read 4,012,541 times
Hopefully the sport has attracted new fans here in the states. As far as the game itself goes, awful...I can't stand the Spanish team with theit constant diving. They did not deserve to win that game...FIFA should seriously look into issuing fines to players who take silly dives like we saw all game on the Spainish side.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:15 PM

7,208 posts, read 8,378,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Hopefully the sport has attracted new fans here in the states. As far as the game itself goes, awful...I can't stand the Spanish team with theit constant diving. They did not deserve to win that game...FIFA should seriously look into issuing fines to players who take silly dives like we saw all game on the Spainish side.
They've got to start booking more players for simulation. It's hardly ever applied.

Spain was diving all over the place...particularly when it became obvious that Howard Webb was going to reward them with free kicks and Dutch yellow cards for their faking.

Old 07-11-2010, 04:30 PM

5,716 posts, read 14,567,378 times
The Dutch were no less guilty of diving than the Spanish, and their fouls were much more cardworthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or