U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-31-2010, 07:27 AM
 
65 posts, read 29,047 times
Reputation: 15

Advertisements

american soccer isn't that bad,i can watch a game easy,just as i can watch a japanese game,but it seems you guys want to be the ebst at everyting,and you're accustomed to it,but in soccer that's just not gonna happen,feels anti american soccer and a girl sport,while that mentality exists us soccer will not evolve
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-31-2010, 10:34 AM
 
Location: Atlanta
352 posts, read 475,888 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMB_nerd View Post
american soccer isn't that bad,i can watch a game easy,just as i can watch a japanese game,but it seems you guys want to be the ebst at everyting,and you're accustomed to it,but in soccer that's just not gonna happen,feels anti american soccer and a girl sport,while that mentality exists us soccer will not evolve
MLS is a pretty poor product though.

I am glad there is another Canadian team being formed though...Gives me another team to cheer for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 11:55 AM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
615 posts, read 444,096 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMB_nerd View Post
american soccer isn't that bad,i can watch a game easy,just as i can watch a japanese game,but it seems you guys want to be the ebst at everyting,and you're accustomed to it,but in soccer that's just not gonna happen,feels anti american soccer and a girl sport,while that mentality exists us soccer will not evolve
This sounds like a lame attempt at pop psychology, it has nothing to do with being the best. It has to do with the product, the MLS is a terrible product, and most people woulnd't spend a dime to watch a game. It's not an easy job trying to make soccer an interesting game, and the MLS is failing to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 12:48 PM
 
Location: yeah
5,716 posts, read 14,595,689 times
Reputation: 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Getting owned by MANURE is nowhere near landycakes and the boys getting owned by the Puerto Rico Islanders in the Champions league.
Puerto Rico is part of the US and the Islanders are within the US soccer pyramid. You just judged the same thing against itself. What a ****ing genius.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 01:44 PM
 
1,645 posts, read 4,018,454 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
This sounds like a lame attempt at pop psychology, it has nothing to do with being the best. It has to do with the product, the MLS is a terrible product, and most people woulnd't spend a dime to watch a game. It's not an easy job trying to make soccer an interesting game, and the MLS is failing to do so.
Yeah right. Good luck trying to get a ticket to a Philadelphia Union game. A team that is outdrawing both the 76ers and the Flyers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 03:00 PM
 
65 posts, read 29,047 times
Reputation: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Yeah right. Good luck trying to get a ticket to a Philadelphia Union game. A team that is outdrawing both the 76ers and the Flyers.
yeah,union is with the galaxy and the sounders are the teams with more public attendence,curiously galazy and sounders are my favourite,so they're doing something good
i think also why the teams aren't making money is because US is not a country with profitable players so they can sell,and the champions league i think doesn't make much money like in europe,this 2 are basic stuff that make clubs running
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 03:02 PM
 
Location: Philadelphia, PA
615 posts, read 444,096 times
Reputation: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Yeah right. Good luck trying to get a ticket to a Philadelphia Union game. A team that is outdrawing both the 76ers and the Flyers.
They don't outdraw the Flyers, not even close. They also have a lot fewer games they play in a season. You know next to nothing about Philadelphia sports, people are going to Union games because it is a place where they can get drunk, most soccer fans are college age, and big drinkers to begin with. Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off the stands will be half empty. The Union are getting very little publicity in the newspapers and TV news, they are getting close to none when it comes to sports talk radio. The best the Union can hope for is to keep its die hard soccer fan base, because I can't see them bringing in new fans, especially the town their stadium is located in Chester, which is black majority town where basketball and football rule the day. There fans now are white hipster/yuppies who lap up all things European.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 03:54 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
352 posts, read 475,888 times
Reputation: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Puerto Rico is part of the US and the Islanders are within the US soccer pyramid. You just judged the same thing against itself. What a ****ing genius.
Saying Puerto rico leagues are representative of Mainland US soccer is like saying ASC Le Geldar of French Guiana is the same as the french ligue 1 or 2 teams
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 04:44 PM
 
1,645 posts, read 4,018,454 times
Reputation: 1682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
They don't outdraw the Flyers, not even close. They also have a lot fewer games they play in a season. You know next to nothing about Philadelphia sports, people are going to Union games because it is a place where they can get drunk, most soccer fans are college age, and big drinkers to begin with. Once the novelty of the new stadium wears off the stands will be half empty. The Union are getting very little publicity in the newspapers and TV news, they are getting close to none when it comes to sports talk radio. The best the Union can hope for is to keep its die hard soccer fan base, because I can't see them bringing in new fans, especially the town their stadium is located in Chester, which is black majority town where basketball and football rule the day. There fans now are white hipster/yuppies who lap up all things European.
These are all baseless assumptions you are making about the future. Right now, in the now...Union is averaging 23,000 fans per game. More than the Flyers and that NBA team. Which isn't bad for a league in which "no one will spend a dime to watch a game".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2010, 05:53 PM
 
Location: yeah
5,716 posts, read 14,595,689 times
Reputation: 2834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasuba View Post
Saying Puerto rico leagues are representative of Mainland US soccer is like saying ASC Le Geldar of French Guiana is the same as the french ligue 1 or 2 teams
The Puerto Rico Islanders actually play in the USL, second division in the United States. They have 7 US-born (not counting PR) players on the team. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, which is the theme with your posts. I wish you were just a little smarter, so you'd know to be utterly embarrassed by what you write on this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
They don't outdraw the Flyers, not even close. They also have a lot fewer games they play in a season. You know next to nothing about Philadelphia sports, people are going to Union games because it is a place where they can get drunk, most soccer fans are college age, and big drinkers to begin with.
So the best place for young people to gather and drink is way out in the suburbs? Haha, is Philadelphia some kind of Bizarro world now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
The best the Union can hope for is to keep its die hard soccer fan base, because I can't see them bringing in new fans
All of their fans are new fans. Where did they come from? What has occured since that will distinguish new from old?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Herman View Post
There fans now are white hipster/yuppies who lap up all things European.
So why are they watching Americans? Try to keep from contradicting yourself if you want to engage in serious debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top