U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 11:21 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,812,909 times

Advertisements

Reportedly U.S. Soccer has been talking with Klinnsman about becoming the next manager of the USMNT. I'm very intrigued by this prospect. What say you, USMNT fans?

Bradley out? USSF reportedly meets Klinsmann - Soccer- nbcsports.msnbc.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 06:50 PM

2,857 posts, read 3,944,866 times
Well, I thought that Bradley did a decent job. Getting into the Round of 16 at the World Cup is better than what had been done in the previous 2 or 3 WCs. If he had just used an effective striker, rather than Altidore ALL of the time, I think that USA could have beaten Ghana. Altidore scored only one goal for Hull City last season; that should have been a clue to Bradley.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:43 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,403,415 times
Did he just extend his contract ?
I thought he did a very decent job in the World Cup. The US are far from world beaters and performed above par IMHO during the World Cup.

Old 08-31-2010, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Did he just extend his contract ?
I thought he did a very decent job in the World Cup. The US are far from world beaters and performed above par IMHO during the World Cup.
That Bradley was extended, to me, just illustrates the unwillingness of U.S. Soccer to make the changes necessary to take the USMNT to a higher level. We'll continue to accept making the Round of 16 and getting bounced. With Bradley at the helm, I don't see us going beyond what we did in '02, and that was, of course, under Arena.

Old 08-31-2010, 05:16 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,850,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
That Bradley was extended, to me, just illustrates the unwillingness of U.S. Soccer to make the changes necessary to take the USMNT to a higher level. We'll continue to accept making the Round of 16 and getting bounced. With Bradley at the helm, I don't see us going beyond what we did in '02, and that was, of course, under Arena.
I like Bradley and all but I have to agree with you....

Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 PM

What do you mean ? The US does not create good enough players to go much further without a lot of luck. He did a good job for the squad he has to choose from.

Old 09-02-2010, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
What do you mean ? The US does not create good enough players to go much further without a lot of luck. He did a good job for the squad he has to choose from.
Can't say I agree. Take the striker position, for example. He stubbornly stuck with Findley and Altidore for most of the WC while giving less playing time to Buddle and Gomez -- guys who were the top scorers in their respective leagues. Findley, to me, showed nothing. I like Altidore, but he didn't get much playing time at Hull, and it showed.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:48 AM

The US did great in the World Cup, you cant expect them do do much better. id rather have Gomez on too but he had his reasons, whatever they are. I dont think another manager would have gotten them any further ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer