U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 07:17 AM

921 posts, read 910,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
They are 10th and have lost more games than they have won. Are you trying to tell me they are a good team?
Ok LondonUSA, I don't want to argue about this.
If you ever watched Bundesliga, you should know that Schalke are one of their best clubs.
Season after season they are near the top of the league and these are the facts from the last 5-6 years only that you should know:
2005 - runners up;
2006- finished 4th;
2007 - runners up;
2008 - finished 6th;
2009 - finished 8th;
2010 - runners up.

They have players like Raul, Neuer, Metzelder, Farfan, Jurado...
This doesn't look like a bad team at all too me.

I bet you are only looking at the table and make conclusions.
Bundesliga is a very tough league where lot's of teams can compete for championship, for champions league place...
Look, Wolfsburg were champions 2 years ago, now they are fighting relegation.
Can you imagine champions of England or Spain to be in the relegation battle next season?
I can't.
Hannover are 3rd with 3 games to play and they can pip Bayern for that last CL spot.
The problem with teams like Schalke, Wolfsburg etc...is that they have no experience playing on big scene week in and week out.
They can concentrate on one tournament but losing touch with the other (Bundesliga in both cases).
I believe they wanted to go as further as they can in CL in lieu of the league.
But bad teams they are not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,100,406 times
yeah man united deserve credit where credit is due, THEY made schalke look poor by how good they played, they did basically spank the current european champions in the previous round remember, they are a decent side, man united just overran them with their fast-paced passing

Old 04-29-2011, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
yeah man united deserve credit where credit is due, THEY made schalke look poor by how good they played, they did basically spank the current european champions in the previous round remember, they are a decent side, man united just overran them with their fast-paced passing
exactly

Old 05-04-2011, 11:42 PM

3,250 posts, read 3,145,610 times
United hammer Schalke 4-1 using their reserve side, they win 6-1 over the two legs.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:31 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,100,406 times
yep if there is one team that has a chance at beating barcelona in the world its man united, its the best final it could have been

Old 05-05-2011, 09:21 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,579,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
yep if there is one team that has a chance at beating barcelona in the world its man united, its the best final it could have been
When ManU is on top of their game, they're deadly. Plus, ManU is hands down the most sophisticated team presently. They are so flexible, they don't even a "GO-TO" starting line-up.

Old 05-07-2011, 01:45 PM

2 posts, read 1,942 times
Manu midfield not strong enough to cope with barcelona vidic, vandersa and ferdinard has to have the game of their carreer to beat barca but then again its football anything could happen i give barca the nod tho.

Old 05-13-2011, 09:50 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,675,652 times
I think ManU will be better prepared this time than in 2009. I read an interesting article in some English newspaper about how in the 2009 final Ronaldo did not follow Ferguson's tactical instructions. I think the current ManU squad is better than the one in 2009.

Anyway, to me it doesn't really matter who wins. I'm already happy neither Inter nor Real made the final.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:29 AM

I watched few interviews with Ferguson regarding this game and he always responds how he knows what went wrong and why they lost that game. Maybe Ronaldo's behaviour was what went wrong on that night?

Hopefully Man utd can get it right this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
I think ManU will be better prepared this time than in 2009. I read an interesting article in some English newspaper about how in the 2009 final Ronaldo did not follow Ferguson's tactical instructions. I think the current ManU squad is better than the one in 2009.

Anyway, to me it doesn't really matter who wins. I'm already happy neither Inter nor Real made the final.

Old 05-13-2011, 03:18 PM

643 posts, read 981,426 times
Don't want Barca to win so it pains me to support United but i hope they do it. Come on Rooney and Co.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer