U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 12:20 AM

3,250 posts, read 3,144,385 times

Advertisements

When you watch a game like Arsenal v Barca, there is no doubt that association football IS without a doubt the worlds most exciting game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 07:39 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,096,426 times
@albion, yep it sure is, was a great game, i think if arsenal get past barca they have a great chance of winning the champions league

Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,973,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
When you watch a game like Arsenal v Barca, there is no doubt that association football IS without a doubt the worlds most exciting game.
What is this term "association football" - interleague tourneys? Not sure I agree, Champions League and Europa Cup have alot of real snoozers on the very long road competition.

I totally enjoyed the match, but thought both Ars and Barca looked surprisingly vulnerable, lots of cheap giveaways from the back, the score could easily have been 4-3 or so.

The road to the cup goes thru White Hart Lane!

Old 02-17-2011, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
What is this term "association football" - interleague tourneys? Not sure I agree, Champions League and Europa Cup have alot of real snoozers on the very long road competition.

I totally enjoyed the match, but thought both Ars and Barca looked surprisingly vulnerable, lots of cheap giveaways from the back, the score could easily have been 4-3 or so.

The road to the cup goes thru White Hart Lane!
theres no better quality football on the planet than the knockout stages of the champions league, teams like arsenal, chelsea, man u, spurs this season, barca, real, inter, ac milan, lyon etc better quality than the world cup in my opinion, and the reason they looked surprisingly vulnerable was because they are two of the best attacking teams in europe and beyond, dani alves (right back) is barely in his own half! and thats why people love they teams!

Old 02-17-2011, 11:31 AM

3,250 posts, read 3,144,385 times
Their defences looked vulnerable because of the pace of the two sides, each can make lightning fast counter attacks that can stretch defences.
A good example of the counter attack was Peter Crouchs goal against Milan, a Milan attack broke down and 15 seconds later the ball was in the back of Milans net.
As I've said before, watching the EPL on TV the teams look very fast, watch a live game and the pace is awesome.
These guys are true athletes and not a bulging waistline in sight!

Old 02-17-2011, 02:13 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,973,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
theres no better quality football on the planet than the knockout stages of the champions league, teams like arsenal, chelsea, man u, spurs this season, barca, real, inter, ac milan, lyon etc better quality than the world cup in my opinion, and the reason they looked surprisingly vulnerable was because they are two of the best attacking teams in europe and beyond, dani alves (right back) is barely in his own half! and thats why people love they teams!
Knockout stages, yes, awesome football, maybe the best... but I still prefer the big international tourneys. Granted int'l teams are less likely to function smoothly.

I hear what you're saying, they've been among the best attacking teams in Europe and will be pretty much forever. But I saw alot of cheap giveaways that were invitations to attacks, when they should have played it safe. And several times Barcelona overcommitted and left Arsenal with dangerous counterattacks. Meanwhile Arsenal monkeyed around with an offside trap that cost them one and could have been more.

I'm sorry but I didnt see teams that could have won a 1-0 game. Good for me, I'm rooting for Bayern and Tottenham.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:04 PM

don't analize it so much, just enjoy it for what it was, a great game of football!

Old 02-19-2011, 03:46 PM

643 posts, read 981,087 times
I have to ask how many people on here are American because many have referred to the Barclays Premier League as the EPL and this is only really said by Americans but im suprised so many are talking about the Champions League.

Old 02-22-2011, 03:40 PM

956 posts, read 979,247 times
Great performance today by the Blues. Torres seemed to fit into the system better and was unlucky to not have put in one of his several scoring chances. He needs a better final touch, but he was playing with confidence and that's what matters most right now. Anelka was simply fantastic today with notable mentions going to Terry, Essien, Cole and Boswinga. Again, Copenhagen are no Barcelona, but it was a great performance by Chelsea.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:51 PM

119 posts, read 348,515 times
Default re LondonUSA

I'm a Yank. The EPL/BPL, it's all the same. Prefer EPL as it does not act as advertisement.
Spurs win was super, Arsenal's better.
Now here's a question: which side in the CL has the best keeper and why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer