Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 11:28 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times

Advertisements

is it barcelona or the spain national team of today, the manchester united team from the late 90s, some of the great german and poruguese teams from the 60s. there is plenty to chose from but who do you think is the best team the world has ever known? my 2 personally are the scottish team celtic from the mid 60s who became the 1st brithish team to win the european cup (probally been better teams but my opinion) and the barcelona team of today, they play football how it should be play, agree/disagree? leave a comment! thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2011, 11:31 AM

or maybe the brazil team from mid 90s to mid 00s, nearly forgot about them! lol

Old 01-04-2011, 09:24 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
Its hard to say. Each generation has its great teams and great players.
The best of the 70's probably wouldnt make it today and vice versa. The game was too physical for the divers and the theatrical players we have these days.
The Liverpool of old is my favourite with Dalghlish and co playing. These days its a joy to watch Barcelona.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:00 PM

116 posts, read 256,010 times
I'm not old enough to remember them but the 1970 Brazil World Cup team (minus the keeper) are always up there.

Old 01-05-2011, 07:10 AM

yeah sure are, they have had alot of brilliant teams brazil

Old 01-06-2011, 10:44 AM

591 posts, read 926,172 times
Brazil from the 70s.

Barca of today.

Man Utd of the 90s won everything. Alex Ferguson is a legend for them.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:03 PM

8 posts, read 5,409 times
well, to say the best team ever, i think AC millan was the best, it have many genius football player, and its style of playing football was fasinating, the most important thing was that it got lots of champinship cups, really deserve the best.
But now i think Barcelona is the best, there is no doubt, the team group is now unbeatable.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo101 View Post
well, to say the best team ever, i think AC millan was the best, it have many genius football player, and its style of playing football was fasinating, the most important thing was that it got lots of champinship cups, really deserve the best.
But now i think Barcelona is the best, there is no doubt, the team group is now unbeatable.
not always, there have been incredible teams in the past that have never won a trophy, some teams played mind blowing football, but maybe never played to there potential every game but had many 'one off' games where they beat the worlds best teams (but maybe got beat from a poorer team the same week in the domestic league!) it all depends on what you count as great, trophies or in pure football terms, a lot like the arsenal team of today personally the team i love to watch the most but have not won a trophy since 2004! but i think they are looking good for a trophy this season, and spain never won a trophy until recently. here are some brilliant football sides that have never won a lot-

Holland

England (1 world cup)

the Argentina teams of the past few decades

The Brazil of the past few years

Arsenal never won the european cup (came so close!)

Chelsea also

and I am sure there is a lot more talented sides never to reach there true potential, maybe thats some thing else people can comment about!

Old 01-12-2011, 06:43 PM

8 posts, read 5,409 times
Arsenal never won the european cup (came so close!)

Chelsea also

and I am sure there is a lot more talented sides never to reach there true potential, maybe thats some thing else people can comment about![/quote]

Arsenal, yes, it is one of my favorite team. It is a pity that Arsenal never got a Europen cup, but its style of playing football deserve the best. i think it need a super striker, though Nasri now is good enough, in the past, Arsenal got super star like Henry, Bergkamp. And i am still worried that Fabregass would go to Barcelona, that will be the great loss to Arsenal.

This year, Barcelona and Arsenal meet again in European championship league, hope they will show me the best perfermance.

Old 01-12-2011, 10:28 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,431,660 times
I've only been following English football closely for about the last decade, but for me the best would be Arsenal's Invincibles of 2003-2004. Led by Thierry Henry, they went through the entire EPL schedule undefeated (26 wins 12 draws).

Wenger's team stretched that streak to 49 into the next season, until a cheap penalty called against them at Old Trafford (what a surprise) ended their undefeated run..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer