Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2011, 03:17 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,843,389 times

Advertisements

with chelsea beating man united in a great game at the bridge, arsenal are now only 4 points behind man u, and with a game in hand, and united still have to play chelsea again, liverpool and the gunners. so who do you think are favorites now and do you think maybe even man city are still in with a shout?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2011, 05:33 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
with chelsea beating man united in a great game at the bridge, arsenal are now only 4 points behind man u, and with a game in hand, and united still have to play chelsea again, liverpool and the gunners. so who do you think are favorites now and do you think maybe even man city are still in with a shout?
I doubt it..at least from Arsenal's point of view. Though I wish it weren't so. Oh, I know it's only 1 point if they win their game in hand, but key injuries have struck again.

According to Wenger, RVP is now out a minimum of 3 weeks. Which means more like maybe the rest of the year...He's every bit as brittle and heals slower than an 80 year old lady.

Saw some stats today. Since RVP moved to Arsenal, he has missed 42.75% of their Premier League games. When he does start.. their EPL win ratio is 78%, when he doesn't.. it drops all the way down to 56%..

When both Cesc and RVP play, Arsenal looks as good as anybody. Without them, they lack creativity and finishing.

I'm not holding out much hope for any trophies.

Old 03-01-2011, 05:54 PM

119 posts, read 379,757 times
Default ManU

again. They have more consistency than the other sides. Short of a major meltdown, ManU will win it.
As an aside, it's too bad that WR has reverted to his normal thuggish self.

Old 03-01-2011, 07:27 PM

i think arsenals got a great shout

Old 03-02-2011, 06:50 AM

237 posts, read 499,197 times
Gooner here, I fully believe that Arsenal has what it takes to reel in ManU.
Remember, twice last season we made up 11 point deficits on Chelsea. Yes, the injuries are not convenient, but I see a confidence in the team this year that may not have been as strong in years past. ManU's run-in schedule is much more difficult and Arsenal still have a home match against them. I always laugh at the pundits who seem to think that the EPL title hinges on the results of every weekend, but I've seen that proved false too many times. Anyone who pays attention in the least will have to be honest and admit the title race is not even CLOSE to being decided.
Jon

"Victoria Concordia Crescit"

Old 03-04-2011, 07:31 AM

643 posts, read 1,122,497 times
If Chelsea beat Blackpool then they will go above Man City into third. But even then i do not think Chelsea will win it althoughi do think they will apply a lot of pressure.

Arsenal to win it need to strengthen their defence and keeper. WHile United i believe could win it by playing badly and with fairly average players!

Old 03-05-2011, 10:05 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,336 times
Arsenal-0 Sunderland-0

No excuse for failing to score at the Emirates in a game this important..

Some bad refereeing decisions...but still..

Despite all the quality Arsenal can put out there, they just don't have another top class striker like RVP. That, and their frailty at the back, is why the Gunners will finish second..

Old 03-05-2011, 10:22 AM

yeah it was a poor result, still hoping though!

Old 03-08-2011, 07:59 AM

175 posts, read 202,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Arsenal-0 Sunderland-0

No excuse for failing to score at the Emirates in a game this important..

Some bad refereeing decisions...but still..

Despite all the quality Arsenal can put out there, they just don't have another top class striker like RVP. That, and their frailty at the back, is why the Gunners will finish second..
Spot on, they are very weak at the back. Van persie is such a frustrating player! Amazing talent but he's such a sick note. Bendtner is not good enough back up for when he's injured. He can score for fun against lower league oppo but doesnt cut it against the big boys.

Arsenal always seem to bottle it when the pressures on.
Even though they've lost two on the bounce, i wouldnt be too worried if i was a united fan. Still...would rather see the gooners win it so hopefully they will prove me wrong

Old 03-08-2011, 08:58 AM

1 Man Utd. HOME- P.29 W.17 D.9 L.3 GD.33 PTS.60
2 Arsenal. AWAY- P.28 W.17 D.6 L.5 GD.30 PTS.57

its still anyones people! its the closest arsenal have been in a few seasons so hopefully they can do it, and the barca arsenal game should be great tonight, nicely poised a 2-1, it'll be tough but hopefully the gooners can do it, im rooting for them! goal difference is close between man u and the gunners aswell, could come down to that, im sure it'll be really close, the arsenal v man u game is gonna be important

arsenal premier league fixtures- west brom away, blackburn home, blackpool away, liverpool home, tottenham away, bolton away, MANCHESTER UNITED home, stoke away, aston villa home, fulham away,

manchester united premier league fixtures- bolton home, west ham away, fulham home, newcastle away, everton home, ARSENAL away, chelsea home, blackburn away, blackpool away

so, arsenal have liverpool, spurs and man u to play and man u have arsenal and chelsea, so hard run ins and both teams will drop points along the way so we are in for a good end to the season!

Last edited by paull805; 03-08-2011 at 09:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer