Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 01:49 PM

643 posts, read 1,122,802 times

Advertisements

I still don't think they are though. Real Madrid fair enough but the way Ajax have not been in the CL but the UEFA cup instead i don't think they should be.

They were big before my generation, that could be why?

Lets hope the second half is better than the first. Come on Christiano!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 03:23 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
Got me Mickey 40oz beers ready for the game tonight!

Old 04-27-2011, 04:38 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
yeah i'm gonna try and stay up and watch it, really late though! but can't resist a good game of football!

Old 04-28-2011, 12:22 AM

1,261 posts, read 2,023,348 times
Was a good game, but I can't believe RSL could not convert all those times.

Also it was probably the most riveting game I saw in a while. I have seen The Super Classico and El Classico along with UEFA Champions League matches. I always wondered "why can't I get into these high level games" The games were good but I found myself distanced from them despite the high level, unlike my UVA and Redskins teams theres no emotional connection. There was here, USA vs. Mexico/MLS vs. FMF, it made the game all the more engaging in a way that todays Barca/Real match likely never will be to me.

(Yea I know I have the United but theyre so bad this year compared others).

More to the point of the original post.

The problem is mainly on the MLS side, it has such small interest in the wide english speaking sports audience. Where as the Primera is a GIANT second only to the Mexican National Team. Note I am refering only to the two US subgroups, Latino and Non-Latino audiences.

FMF makes bank not only in Mexico but in the US as well. MLS is small time. MLS will have to gain in stature somehow to justify more money and effort being thown at the league.

Old 04-28-2011, 05:23 AM

never seen the game but watched the highlights, it was a good goal. i don't support barca or real, but how you can't ''get in to it'' is beyond me!

Old 04-28-2011, 08:25 AM

It was a great game, I was a sick as a dog and didnt enjoy it as much as I should have I think. RSL did EVERYTHING except score. They just lacked the killer instinct. The Ref did great too IMHO, wasnt sucked in by the play acting and then booking the Mexicans for time wasting and play acting was great too.

Yeh I dunno how you cant get into either. I am into football end of. I could watch two teams like Dundee vs Queen of the South and get really into it. Football is football to me. Cant even drive by kids teams playing without picking who I wanna see win :P

Walt, MLS has grown leaps and bounds since it opened is more then justifying the money being put into it. Its in its infancy and the standard of play and players has grown alot.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:33 AM

of course you can get into a dundee game, there only the best team in the world! haha its a pity i think an american team winning the champions league would have done a lot of good for the competition, but they done well, and from what i have heard deserved to win it, so it has more than likely already done a lot of good

Old 04-28-2011, 08:40 AM

643 posts, read 1,122,802 times
How did Real Salt Lake not win that game. As someone said the ref did a good job. On another day i'm sure RSL would have got 3 or 4. Very nice goal by Monterry and congratulations to them.

WOuld have been interesting the difference if Kyle Beckerman was playing.

Old 04-28-2011, 08:49 AM

No paull I was thinking more along the lines of Queen of the South being the best :P

It was a great game for somebody who never watches games too. Had lots of excitement and was free flowing. We need to get that ref into MLS

Yes it wouldve London, I thikn he may have made a difference.

Old 04-28-2011, 09:47 AM

they are our ''bogey team'' to! lol

so who gets in to this competition from the states, the league winner and runner up and cup winners or what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer