U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-16-2011, 10:25 AM
 
Location: London, England
643 posts, read 981,647 times
Reputation: 160

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justarslan View Post
This is totally ****ed up that you are supporting two arch rivals.
When he says supports i think he means he just follows them. sees their cores etc.

Being from America i doubt he would know all the history behind the clubs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-16-2011, 02:44 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,372 posts, read 3,062,368 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwo85 View Post
I support Arsenal F.C. because the team reminds me of how The Detroit Red Wings (Pro hometown hockey team) play with the passing style and passion.

I support Detroit and Arsenal as well. Same colors as well.

I support Arsenal b/c supporting T&t#en*am is for losers. Losers since 1961 in fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 11:59 AM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,386,074 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
I support Detroit and Arsenal as well. Same colors as well.

I support Arsenal b/c supporting T&t#en*am is for losers. Losers since 1961 in fact.
I'm a big Arsenal supporter too.

Only as a Sharks fan, when I see the Wing's colors it reminds me more of Man U..

Oh, Peter Crouch claimed the other day that Spurs were going to pass up the Gunners in the league. LOL He didn't specify what year he expects that to happen. Of course when they don't, he can always fall back on a familiar Tottenham excuse...accusing Arsenal fans of poisoning their food..LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 12:03 PM
 
Location: London, England
643 posts, read 981,647 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I'm a big Arsenal supporter too.

Only as a Sharks fan, when I see the Wing's colors it reminds me more of Man U..

Oh, Peter Crouch claimed the other day that Spurs were going to pass up Arsenal in the league. LOL He didn't specify what year he expects that to happen. Of course when they don't, he can always fall back on a familiar Tottenham excuse...accusing Arsenal fans of poisoning their food..LOL
Well Spurs are doing better in the Champions League

But this is not a league format so i'm not to sure what he was talking about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Midwestern Dystopia
2,372 posts, read 3,062,368 times
Reputation: 2962
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Well Spurs are doing better in the Champions League

But this is not a league format so i'm not to sure what he was talking about.
Sp*rs didn't play Barca in the first KO round either. The draw is tomorrow , should be interesting. Teams from the same countries can be drawn against one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 12:08 PM
 
Location: London, England
643 posts, read 981,647 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
Sp*rs didn't play Barca in the first KO round either. The draw is tomorrow , should be interesting. Teams from the same countries can be drawn against one another.

Luck of the draw. Arsenal didn't play well in their away game against Barca, so it's their own fault.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 12:19 PM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,386,074 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Luck of the draw. Arsenal didn't play well in their away game against Barca, so it's their own fault.
Arsenal may not have played well, but they were still leading on aggregate when RVP was unjustly sent off..

Where Arsenal is at fault, is their failure to win their group...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 12:49 PM
 
Location: London, England
643 posts, read 981,647 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Arsenal may not have played well, but they were still leading on aggregate when RVP was unjustly sent off..

Where Arsenal is at fault, is their failure to win their group...
Van Persie got sent off in the 56th minute. They had not created a chance up to this point. He got a stupid yellow card in the first place and although the second one was harsh, he shouldn't have been so thick to get the original one in the first place.

Not having a shot on goal in just a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 01:18 PM
 
Location: Washington state
7,208 posts, read 8,386,074 times
Reputation: 1892
Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Van Persie got sent off in the 56th minute. They had not created a chance up to this point. He got a stupid yellow card in the first place and although the second one was harsh, he shouldn't have been so thick to get the original one in the first place.

Not having a shot on goal in just a joke.
Not having a SOG is irrelevant. How many times have we seen Arsenal control possession, have virtually all the chances, but still fail to gain a result? Barca was heading in that direction.

When the referee decided to interfere on Barca's behalf, they had played 146 minutes of the 180 minute tie...and Arsenal was still leading. Only, and only after RVP was sent off was Barca able to take control on the scoreboard..

Arsenal had been the stronger second half club in the first leg this year and last. We will never know what would have happened had they stayed 11 on 11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 PM
 
Location: London, England
643 posts, read 981,647 times
Reputation: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Not having a SOG is irrelevant. How many times have we seen Arsenal control possession, have virtually all the chances, but still fail to gain a result? Barca was heading in that direction.

When the referee decided to interfere on Barca's behalf, they had played 146 minutes of the 180 minute tie...and Arsenal was still leading. Only, and only after RVP was sent off was Barca able to take control on the scoreboard..

Arsenal had been the stronger second half club in the first leg this year and last. We will never know what would have happened had they stayed 11 on 11.
Barca were still passing it around you and were getting shots off. You had not had shot. Just admit you were outplayed like everyone saw and like most of the Arsenal fans have admitted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top