U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 04:18 PM

643 posts, read 980,295 times

Advertisements

Im British but i do still follow the USMNT and i was wondering who you think should be in the midfield.

There are so many choices now such as Holden, Dempsey, Bradley, Feilharber, Edu etc....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2011, 12:30 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,085,866 times
holden is a great player

Old 02-23-2011, 01:38 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,795,852 times
I personally wish Coach Bradley would play Dempsey at striker. Don't forget Donovan plays midfield for the USMNT, and Schalke/Blackburn MF Jermaine Jones could figure into the mix.

Old 02-26-2011, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I personally wish Coach Bradley would play Dempsey at striker. Don't forget Donovan plays midfield for the USMNT, and Schalke/Blackburn MF Jermaine Jones could figure into the mix.
There is actually so many to choose from. I haven't really seen Jones enough to judge and what position does Donovan play?

Old 03-05-2011, 10:16 AM

161 posts, read 123,208 times
Right now, I'd like to see Holden and Jones. If we can get Timothy Chandler for the USMNT, and Ryan Smith in the fold, I'd liked our options going forward. Donovan's great at RM, but I'd wish we had our best player playing more centrally.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetMePost View Post
Right now, I'd like to see Holden and Jones. If we can get Timothy Chandler for the USMNT, and Ryan Smith in the fold, I'd liked our options going forward. Donovan's great at RM, but I'd wish we had our best player playing more centrally.

Can Ryan Smith play because i think his dad is an American citizen?

I don't think Donovan should be more central. You need a Xavi type player there, he's so quick it would be a waste of his pace.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:37 PM

44 posts, read 43,028 times
Holden and Bradley Jr. should be our center midfield pairing.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:18 PM

2,845 posts, read 3,934,112 times
Kyle Beckerman is still going strong for Real Salt Lake of the MLS. They just beat Saprissa of Costa Rica 2-0 in the first leg of the CONCACAF semi-finals. I like him as the defensive, holding mid-fielder (base of the diamond) with Bradley or Jones at the top (attacking mid), and Holden on one of the sides. Donovan and Dempsey need to be up front as strikers. IMHO, strikers are what we lack, and Altidore just is not making improvement at all. Wish we had Charlie Davies back.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post
Kyle Beckerman is still going strong for Real Salt Lake of the MLS. They just beat Saprissa of Costa Rica 2-0 in the first leg of the CONCACAF semi-finals. I like him as the defensive, holding mid-fielder (base of the diamond) with Bradley or Jones at the top (attacking mid), and Holden on one of the sides. Donovan and Dempsey need to be up front as strikers. IMHO, strikers are what we lack, and Altidore just is not making improvement at all. Wish we had Charlie Davies back.

I have always liked Beckerman, he is good defensively but can get forward too. Holden should be in there to, he is very good on the ball and is good at passing.

What do people think of Josť Francisco Torres?

Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,742,687 times
If Beckerman is starting for the Nats, we are in trouble. He is not national team material. He needs to stick to being called up for camp cupcake that is it.

I think Torres is a good young talent and as long as his development doesnt fall off, he might be one of our future stars.

Holden is quickly becoming one of our best options.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer