U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 10:22 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,392,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Please explain to me how a team donating their naming rights to an organization attempting to find a cure for cancer is terrible? Several million dollars is going to be donated for a great cause.
Dude I just said its a terrible name, not commenting on the actual cause. Just the name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2011, 08:59 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,165,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Dude I just said its a terrible name, not commenting on the actual cause. Just the name.
Even then, I don't see how its a bad name.

Old 03-11-2011, 09:15 AM

I just dont think its a good name for a sporting venue. Livestrong Sporting Park. It dosent scream excitement or anything like it. I think alot of the names through Football and American Football over here are pretty bad though especially with the sellout of the stadium names. I include my teams (Colorado Rapids) stadium Dicks Sporting Goods Park in there too. In fact I think its the worst stadium name in MLS.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,095,038 times
there is more important things in life than the name of a stadium, so i think its a great idea

Old 03-11-2011, 10:08 AM

1,807 posts, read 2,165,507 times
Quote:
I just dont think its a good name for a sporting venue. Livestrong Sporting Park. It dosent scream excitement or anything like it. I think alot of the names through Football and American Football over here are pretty bad though especially with the sellout of the stadium names. I include my teams (Colorado Rapids) stadium Dicks Sporting Goods Park in there too. In fact I think its the worst stadium name in MLS.
So, what, living strong isn't exciting? Live STRONG! It's right there.

But ey, fair enough. Different tastes and all that. Not a terribly big fan of the name Pizza Hut Park, but hey, it gave us a cool nickname, The Oven. Represent.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:53 AM

5,763 posts, read 9,749,407 times
Quote:

Don't you think the cause overrides the sound of the name?

Old 03-11-2011, 12:51 PM

Filmot, The Oven is a better nickname that what Dicks Sporting Goods Park could be hehe. Forums would block all of them.

Dude it is a great cause I never said it wasnt. Its just a terrible name, people just read more into what I meant .....

Old 03-11-2011, 03:10 PM

2,372 posts, read 3,059,725 times
Quote:
if what the stadium is called determines if you're excited about the team or sport you should probably stop following sports altogether.

Quote:
lol wut ? What you said made NO sense at all.
you're making fun of MLS attendance and I'm using a factual statement that the league is only 15 years old, compare that to where othere professional sports leagues were in their infancy and you'll see MLS averaging around 15,000 per game isn't too bad, not far off from the NBA and NHL right now and those leagues have had 60 to 90 years to develop. Make sense?

what more do you really want?

Old 03-11-2011, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post

you're making fun of MLS attendance and I'm using a factual statement that the league is only 15 years old, compare that to where othere professional sports leagues were in their infancy and you'll see MLS averaging around 15,000 per game isn't too bad, not far off from the NBA and NHL right now and those leagues have had 60 to 90 years to develop. Make sense?

what more do you really want?
Show me WHERE I made fun of MLS attendence ? YOU are the only person that got that from what I said. I am a huge Colorado Rapids fans and drive 6 hrs to watch games and I am always promoting the MLS wherever I go.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:41 PM

2,849 posts, read 3,938,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The capacity is 18,500 and we currently have 9,000 full season ticket holders.

Can't really project attendance as single game tickets have not gone on sale yet but I imagine we will be pretty close to sold out most games for at least this season.

We sold out almost every game when we were at CAB. The only time we didnt was when the weather was horrible.
Wow. That's great to see there are 9,000 season ticket holders so far. That is a good base of support and means that attendances at each home match should go well above 10,000.

How is the Sporting KC team looking for the new season? Who are the new players?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or