U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2011, 01:32 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,409,943 times

Advertisements

Oh noez ppls on a forum say they are going to beat him with bats and kill him!!!!!!11!one!
BigSoccer.com sounds like its still full of idiots like foot.ie :S

10 games is a complete joke. Yes he did break a leg but it wasnt that bad a tackle, totally missed judged and OTT. I have seen shorter suspensions for worse tackles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2011, 02:26 PM

1,261 posts, read 1,773,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Oh noez ppls on a forum say they are going to beat him with bats and kill him!!!!!!11!one!

10 games is a complete joke. Yes he did break a leg but it wasnt that bad a tackle, totally missed judged and OTT. I have seen shorter suspensions for worse tackles.
Man you really hate Big Soccer, you weren't exiled were you?

I actually am on it. I mean you have a lot of crazy insufferable stuff said on there, but well it's a forum. That's to be expected (although interestingly enough my anime forum is rich in REASONED THOUGHTFUL DEBATE ON VARIETY OF SUBJECT, it still astonishes me).

Old 04-28-2011, 02:40 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,759,816 times
Quote:

BigSoccer is a huge forum so you have a lot of bad eggs and oddly enough most of them are Seattle fans.

If you are soccer fan, I highly suggest joining if you like the sport. They have a forum for just about every team in the world plus tons of other topics. It is one of the biggest soccer/football forums out there.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM

Quote:

The reason the suspension is so harsh is that these kind of tackles have been a problem in MLS and have gone unpunished for the most part. MLS sent a private memo to players before the season began letting them know that tackles like this would not be tolerated and would be severly punished. Mullan is being used as an example. The Rapids and Mullan have both came out today and said the suspension is fair and that they accept it.

Hopefully, this will reduce some of the physical crap that has been going on in MLS. Players arent going to want to come here if they are at risk for getting severe injuries.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:53 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,409,943 times
Nah I wasnt exiled

I joined BigSoccer years ago and alot of the posts were from tools like the ones Rj just quoted. Back then you had to make 60 posts I think it was before you could start a thread so I had to talk in threads just to say something when I wanted to ask a question. Got put off by the BS and all the posting I had to do.

I didnt know about any memo, I understand getting tough. Would be best to be hard in the pocket with a 4 or 5 game suspension IMHO.

Old 04-28-2011, 03:06 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,111,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The reason the suspension is so harsh is that these kind of tackles have been a problem in MLS and have gone unpunished for the most part. MLS sent a private memo to players before the season began letting them know that tackles like this would not be tolerated and would be severly punished. Mullan is being used as an example. The Rapids and Mullan have both came out today and said the suspension is fair and that they accept it.

Hopefully, this will reduce some of the physical crap that has been going on in MLS. Players arent going to want to come here if they are at risk for getting severe injuries.
the mls has a problem? have you seen british football?! a lot more physical, and had tackles 5x worse than that go even unpunished

Old 04-28-2011, 05:40 PM

643 posts, read 982,191 times
I think this might stop hard tackles in the MLS. It is right that he got a suspension but 10 games does seem a bit steep with emotion taken out of it.

And bigsoccer is just full of people saying 'they suck' or other stupid arguments.

As Paul said some of tackles that go in in British football are much worse than Mullan on Zakuani.

Old 04-28-2011, 06:52 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,111,551 times
but would you want to take the physicality out of the game london? you can go into a tackle hard, really hard, and still cleanly win the ball, i know people don't like bad tackles but that's part of a physical game is it not?

this was the worst tackle i can remember, i was actually nearly sick!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlMGn...eature=related

and this guy never played again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_st29mlQwU

Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
the mls has a problem? have you seen british football?! a lot more physical, and had tackles 5x worse than that go even unpunished

Yes, it is a problem in MLS. Even players from Europe have made comments about how much more physical MLS is compared to other leagues.

There is a different between a hard tackle and a bad hard tackle. You can tackle hard and it be perfectly clean and then you can completely ignore the ball and move in for the kill which is what happens a lot in MLS. There are a lot of injuries that just shouldnt happen in MLS due to bad tackles.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post

And bigsoccer is just full of people saying 'they suck' or other stupid arguments.

It's a large forum and there is a lot of great conversion that goes on there. If you post on there for awhile you learn where to post and where not to and also what kind of thread titles to avoid. The bad stuff is actually small portion of the forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer