U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2011, 10:58 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,113,379 times

Advertisements

european football is a lot different to british football, the EPL is the most watched league in the world and one of the most physical in the world, that tells you something, and for a few bad tackles and injuries to want people to change the style of play, well that's ridiculous frankly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:58 AM

7,552 posts, read 16,411,554 times
Dunno about London but by the things you have said about whats posted on there in this and other threads I think I will still continue to avoid it.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,760,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
european football is a lot different to british football, the EPL is the most watched league in the world and one of the most physical in the world, that tells you something, and for a few bad tackles and injuries to want people to change the style of play, well that's ridiculous frankly

No one wants to change the style of play. People want challenges that never should happen to discontinue. Even more so, people want the officials to take control of games.

Hard tackles and even bad tackles happen. The kind of tackles that happen in MLS go way past that. I watch MLS and I watch EPL and there is a difference.

The officiating in MLS is horribly, possibly the worst officiating in the world and they lose control of games a lot which leads to a lot of stupidity because emotions take control of players and they think they can get away with ****.

Old 04-29-2011, 12:36 PM

Rj you have never seen League of Ireland officiating! Dudes who weight about 300lbs and cant run more than 30 feet without stoping to catch their breath!

Old 04-29-2011, 12:44 PM

well obviously you know more about the mls refs than me so i can't comment on that, but i would agree bad referees can cause problems

Old 04-29-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
well obviously you know more about the mls refs than me so i can't comment on that, but i would agree bad referees can cause problems

The officials in MLS either let everything go or they are too card happy. There has been a record number of red cards handed out this season with 22 so far. We are only like 6 weeks into the season!

KC has 3 so far and only one of them was deserved and even that one was kind of iffy. This last week they had to rescind the red card given to us. Benny Feilhaber was standing over one of our players trying to keep him down to waste time. When he finally let them up, there was pushing and shoving by both teams and Feilhaber when down grabbing his face like he had been shot when it was just someones hand had lightly hit his face. The ref who was not in position to see anything just gave the card to the nearest KC player and he didnt do anything. That player, Aurellian Collin, was playing his first MLS game.

It still doesnt help that we had to play the last 10 minutes down a man and they ended up getting a game winner.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Rj you have never seen League of Ireland officiating! Dudes who weight about 300lbs and cant run more than 30 feet without stoping to catch their breath!

I have seen some Irish games but I havent seen that. Officials should be in good enough shape to run the field. I cannot believe the league allows that.

The MLS officials need improvement. They are causing a lot of problems and it seems like players and coaches every week are making comments. Officials need to have control of the game and try to talk to players first before going to the book. Official is suppose to be a mediator. If an official takes control of the game early and makes sure they talk to players and give warnings, a game shouldnt go to the point where multiple cards are handed out every game. It ruins the game for everyone involved.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:24 PM

Its a league that makes the rules up as they go. My club (Shelbourne FC) were rightly relegated for financial irregularities. Other teams in the same situation were allowed to write off their debts by starting a new club with a similar name AND be in the same league :S

MLS is a dream when it comes to administration vs League of Ireland.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:06 PM

it's a recurring theme, all the football injury videos are like 85% brirish (the EPL especially) and i don't hear many people saying change the game over here, so i think you should just punish bad tackles, but you can't take the physicality out of it

YouTube - Worst football injuries ever seen.avi

Old 05-01-2011, 02:50 PM

643 posts, read 982,321 times
Hmm lovely video there!

Who saw Portland keeping there first clean sheet of the season and ending RSLs unbeaten streak!

Weakened team put out by RSL but should beat the timbers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer