Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 10:08 AM

5,765 posts, read 10,953,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Speaking of classless, keep talking! Youre representing KC quite well, arent ya, big boy? And if you think Toyota Park is a "****hole", then youve got another thing coming. At least we didnt have to play in some minor league's baseball stadium. AndFYI, Section 8 sits on the north end of the field, I highly doubt you sat there. More than likely you sat in the opposition supporters section way down in the SE corner. If not, youre the morons that didnt do your research before showing up to the match.
I know where Section 8 sits; Im not blind. Our front office purchased our tickets and we all sat in the same section. I am sure you saw us. Guys from Section 8 came over to the bathroom by our section. Security said that pull that **** every time there is away fans there.

What have I said that was classless.

If I think Toyota Park is a ****hole, then I've got another thing coming? What does that even mean? Have you seen our stadium? It is far superior than anything that has been built in the US for soccer except for maybe RBA.

You're really throwing jabs because we had to play at a temporary venue? We didnt have anywhere else to play while our stadium was built. I am more than happy to play in a minor league baseball park if it means getting to play at LIVESTRONG for the next few decades.

State-of-the-art:

http://portfolio.populous.com/images/projects/wizsoccer/main_6.jpg (broken link)

http://portfolio.populous.com/images/projects/wizsoccer/main_3.jpg (broken link)

****hole:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2011, 12:28 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,351,989 times
I think Dicks Sporting Goods Park for the Rapids looks better, the overall complex for the rapids is absolutely fantastic. Second to none in MLS.

Old 04-01-2011, 12:35 PM

643 posts, read 1,118,827 times
The MLS should build stadiums like the Keepmoat and Darlington arena.

Instead of discussing it on here, someone make a new thread for it

Old 04-01-2011, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I think Dicks Sporting Goods Park for the Rapids looks better, the overall complex for the rapids is absolutely fantastic. Second to none in MLS.

The frickin's Rapids fans dont even like their own stadium. It is well known that the current best stadium in MLS by a mile is Red Bull Arena and when LIVESTRONG Sporting Park opens in June, it will join it. The amenities offered at LIVESTRONG will be second to none.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM

The Rocky Mountain Cup will be no more after RSL and Colorado play at the Rio Tinto Stadium on the 13th April

It was something to do with a disagreement about tire breakers. The article can be found on the RSL website

Cup Runneth Over? | Real Salt Lake

Old 04-01-2011, 01:43 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,802,166 times
i personally like seattles qwest field is the best stadium, really smart

Old 04-01-2011, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
i personally like seattles qwest field is the best stadium, really smart
Yeah but that was originally built for NFL and is still shared by the Seahawks and Sounders. The soccer specific are much smaller and generally not as good.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:51 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,351,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
The frickin's Rapids fans dont even like their own stadium. It is well known that the current best stadium in MLS by a mile is Red Bull Arena and when LIVESTRONG Sporting Park opens in June, it will join it. The amenities offered at LIVESTRONG will be second to none.
18,000 seats and bars and all the food you can eat and 24 pitches for youth and other games. The complex is fantastic. I know it wont touch anything SKC has because I would hate to disagree with you.

Old 04-01-2011, 01:52 PM

7,964 posts, read 11,802,166 times
yeah i thought that, but seattle seem to fill it up pretty good

Old 04-01-2011, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
18,000 seats and bars and all the food you can eat and 24 pitches for youth and other games. The complex is fantastic. I know it wont touch anything SKC has because I would hate to disagree with you.

Our stadium has 18,500 seats, a members club bar, a stadium club bar, and all you can eat seats. We will also have fields as well.

The stadium in Kansas City is far ahead of other SSS. Colorado fans will tell you that. It is a well known fact among MLS fans. The KC ownership is putting more innovation and money into their stadium than any other team has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer