Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 09:18 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times

Advertisements

You have done nothing but try to convince us that Ocho is a good player and there is no problem with giving a guy (who others see as having no Football talent) a trial. Then you back track to say you didnt.

In here and other threads you are trying to convince everybody SKC are the best and you even went as far as telling me ALL Colorado Rapids fans think your stadium is better too which is a lie. You have your head so far in the clouds you even see the BS you are spewing.

You guys are on your what, 3rd attempt to rebrand ? SKC are a joke and Ocho is just the icing on the cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 02:29 PM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
You have done nothing but try to convince us that Ocho is a good player and there is no problem with giving a guy (who others see as having no Football talent) a trial. Then you back track to say you didnt.
I never once tried to convince anyone that Ochocinco was a good player. How could I do that when I never saw him play prior to the trial. What I tried to convince you and others of is that there was nothing wrong with the trial and more specifically, that no harm was done to the MLS or the team by doing so. Please show me one statement I made that said I thought Ochocinco was a good player. You wont find it.

Quote:
In here and other threads you are trying to convince everybody SKC are the best and you even went as far as telling me ALL Colorado Rapids fans think your stadium is better too which is a lie. You have your head so far in the clouds you even see the BS you are spewing.
Wrong. I never once said that SKC was the best or biggest team in MLS. There is no best or biggest team in MLS due to the parity. Again, show me one statement where I said that.

Quote:
You guys are on your what, 3rd attempt to rebrand ? SKC are a joke and Ocho is just the icing on the cake.
No, our first rebrand. We changed from Wiz to Wizards over a lawsuit by a software company that used, "Nobody beats the Wiz" as their slogan. It wasnt really a rebrand being that they used the same colors and logo. I also never said that ALL Colorado Rapids fans said our stadium is better. I have never spoke to ALL Crapids fans before so how would I know that.

Where the hell did you learn to read and comprehend? Do you always put words into peoples mouths?

You can call SKC many things but a joke is not among them. If you knew everything that this ownership group had been doing lately, there is no way you could call the organization a joke.

Calling an organization a joke that passed up millions in revenue to donate their stadium name and offer up to 10 million dollars of their own money to cancer research says a lot about your character. If you think that makes them a joke then I cant do much for you.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:04 PM

http://www.city-data.com/forum/18307076-post5.html
How is that not you trying to convince us he is a good player ? Do you play crap players as subs ?
Excited because he will play for free ? http://www.city-data.com/forum/18435038-post17.html

You pointed outs everal times that we are jealous because you have the best stadium in the US for soccer. No considering I see Rapids fans on a regular basis who are not, then I dunno how to tell you how wrong you are. Here is your jab at how you ahve the most superior stadium (maybe bar one) http://www.city-data.com/forum/18540753-post51.html , http://www.city-data.com/forum/18543184-post54.html you again pointing out that you have the best stadium which of course is right because you said it. Here we go with another well known fact taht you made up http://www.city-data.com/forum/18543184-post54.html

Show me where I said the organization is a joke because of the stadium. I laughed at the name but did called the org a joke because of that. Do not put words into my mouth. Your organization is a joke becasue of stupid stunts like Ocho.

Old 04-13-2011, 09:52 AM

Quote:
http://www.city-data.com/forum/18307076-post5.html
How is that not you trying to convince us he is a good player ? Do you play crap players as subs ?
Excited because he will play for free ? http://www.city-data.com/forum/18435038-post17.html
There is nothing about that post that indicates I am trying to convince anyone that he is a good player. I HAD NEVER SEEN HIM PLAY.

paull805 asked the following question - "does he have any football experience? is he really wanting to join a top mls side, or is he just keeping fit training with them?"

I answered the question with the following:

"Soccer is his favorite sport. He was a start in his youth and only picked football for the money and pressure from those around him. MLS didnt start until he was 18.

He has trained with european sides and is often scene at Arsenal matches since he is a fan of the team."

What about that is me convincing someone of anything? I wasnt answering a question with facts.

I then added the following - "He is a top class athlete and could very well be a solid addition as a late game sub."

See the bolded text. I said could very well be. Do I need to post the definitions of those words for you? That isnt me saying he is a good player. That isnt me saying he will be anything. It is saying that it is a possibility that he could be a late game sub. It is my opinion regarding a possibility. If anything, I am saying that there is no way he could be a game to game player and would be a niche player.

You apparently read what you want to read instead of what is actually written.

Quote:
You pointed outs everal times that we are jealous because you have the best stadium in the US for soccer. No considering I see Rapids fans on a regular basis who are not, then I dunno how to tell you how wrong you are. Here is your jab at how you ahve the most superior stadium (maybe bar one) http://www.city-data.com/forum/18540753-post51.html , http://www.city-data.com/forum/18543184-post54.html you again pointing out that you have the best stadium which of course is right because you said it. Here we go with another well known fact taht you made up http://www.city-data.com/forum/18543184-post54.html
LIVESTRONG Sporting Park will be the best stadium in MLS when it opens. Go on any MLS forum where they talk about the SSS and people will be clamoring over the renderings of this stadium and saying just that. I have conversed with and seen post from numerous Rapids fans talking about how they dont like there own stadium.

Quote:
Show me where I said the organization is a joke because of the stadium. I laughed at the name but did called the org a joke because of that. Do not put words into my mouth. Your organization is a joke becasue of stupid stunts like Ocho.

Your said the organization is a joke and part of the organization is the stadium and the deal they made with Livestrong. If you can call an organization a joke that does that then that says all I need to know about your character. I think donating 10 million to cancer research overrides having a player you dont approve of for a meaningless 4 day trial.

Stupid stunts? What are the other stunts that make SKC a joke?

Old 04-13-2011, 01:05 PM

OK I was wrong, giving Ocho a trial is the best thing a crap Franchise like SKC could have done. He is a great athlete and played as a kid so that means he is good enough for a Franchise taht has not won MLS in 10 years. You win.

Right, and you know more Rapids supporters than me. I am the only one who likes the stadium then. You are once again correct because you have spoken to thousands more fans than I have.

The Franchise is in no way a complete joke for giving a guy who only played as a teenager a serious trial. Not a joke at all. I mean he can run with a ball in his hands so he has all the desired skills of SKC. Pulled off a great one there.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:35 AM

Seattle currently has an NFL wide receiver in their camp on trial.

A Passion Play - Seattle Sounders Football Club

Old 04-15-2011, 08:35 AM

They should sign him, I hear he is a great athlete

Old 04-15-2011, 08:49 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
there just as bad then!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:46 AM

But hes a great athlete!

I do agree though.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:58 AM

They probably wont sign him but as I have said a million times, it does not harm these teams to bring guys in. Teams pretty much constantly have trialist in their camp. It's not like they are rolling out the red carpet and doing anything special because a trialist is there. A lot of times guys are brought in just to add numbers to training so that scrimmages can be played. They also bring guys in with different skill sets so that players can practice against players they dont see every day in practice. Bringing an NFL receiver in can be a great way to practice against someone that has a lot of speed and the ability to make great runs.

Wouldnt making your defenders track an NFL receiver be an excellent drill? A receiver can make runs, you dont have to have soccer skills to do that; that's what they do for a living.

Right now, Colorado probably has trialist in their camp. Some of them probably arent very good and wont make the team.

Right now, SKC has 7 trialist and most likely, none of them will make the team. We have two keepers in camp right now and we have 3 on our roster so we arent going to sign another one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer