Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:01 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,998,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
It totally does make sense! But its cool cause you know better because you support the biggest club in MLS that hasn't won it in 10 years.
No, it doesnt make any sense but you obviously wont understand that.

Quote:
But there *is* more to Football than being a good athlete .....
I never said there wasnt. Learning is a too way street. Ochocinco can learn a lot about the game of soccer from training with the team and the team can learn a lot about the skills of being an NFL receiver from him. Do you not think that route running and making runs in soccer have a lot of parallels? Ochocinco is known for his feet. He is paid for his feet and his ability to deceive defensive backs. Those are skills that can easily be translated to making runs or running at defenders with the ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 11:47 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,406,757 times
Listen dude, winning the MLS 10 years ago is the last thing you did. Which obviously makes you guys the best in MLS still because you have no idea what you are talking about and the more you speak the more you make a fool of yourself. We are the current holders. Is that really that hard to comprehend ? I mean I know you are from KC but I did use simple English. If you need pictures I can probably help with that too.

He still cant kick a ball. But he is a great athlete yada yada yada nobody is laughing at yous.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:48 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times
why are you trying so hard to convince people that this guy can be a good player, 99% of good football players started playing when they were very young, it is something you learn over time, look we have all seen the videos of him play, and if you think he is any good, you don't know anything about football, i would boycott my team if they gave this guy a contract

Old 04-10-2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Listen dude, winning the MLS 10 years ago is the last thing you did. Which obviously makes you guys the best in MLS still because you have no idea what you are talking about and the more you speak the more you make a fool of yourself. We are the current holders. Is that really that hard to comprehend ? I mean I know you are from KC but I did use simple English. If you need pictures I can probably help with that too.

He still cant kick a ball. But he is a great athlete yada yada yada nobody is laughing at yous.

Actually, we won USOC in 2004 was also an MLS Cup finalist in 2004.

Yes, you are the current holders. Congratulations. I mean it only took 16 years for that to happen.

Old 04-10-2011, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
why are you trying so hard to convince people that this guy can be a good player, 99% of good football players started playing when they were very young, it is something you learn over time, look we have all seen the videos of him play, and if you think he is any good, you don't know anything about football, i would boycott my team if they gave this guy a contract
Have you boycotted your team in the past for signing players you didnt approve of? Every team signs players that probably shouldnt be on the team at some time or another. Not to mention all the scandals and lack of financial responsibility with European clubs. But, signing Ochocinco to a contract is worth a boycott? I am sure whatever club you support has done far worse things in their history but you still support them. Signing a player like that is very far down on the list of most sports teams wrongdoings.

So, when did I ever attempt to convince anyone he could be a good player? Because that's not what I have been trying to say.

My only stance in this whole thread was that there was nothing wrong by giving him a trial. No one was harmed. Nothing negative took place. I have personally spoken with players and people who work for the team who said he was nothing but professional and it was a good experience for all involved. If an event takes place and everyone at the event had a good time or rewarding experience, where was the harm caused?

Teams have players on trial all the time; even teams in Europe. A lot of the time, there isnt much intent on signing the trialist. There are numerous reasons for having players into camp and/or practice and it isnt always because management intends on them making the team. SKC management made it clear many times they had no expectations of him ever making the team (you seem to keep ignoring that and thinking they did). They let him come in for four days, evaluated him, and then let him know that he wasnt good enough. This is a process the team goes through many times each season. I believe they had over 60 trialist in throughout last season. No harm, no foul. They were holding practice anyway so it isnt like they did anything they wouldnt normally do when he was here.

This is not the first time that a professional athlete from one sport, went and trained with a team from another sport nor would it be the first team a professional athlete took up a second sport should he had made the team.

Most professional American football players started playing as a child and continued playing until they retired from the NFL just like soccer or any other sport. However, Antonio Gates played as a child, quit playing so that he could focus on basketball and when he was not going to be drafted by the NBA due to his lack of height, he setup workouts for NFL scouts even though he hadnt played American Football competitively since he was a kid. Guess what? He was not only drafted but is now the best player in his position and on his way to a Hall of Fame career. So, you never know what can happen until you let things play out.

Life is a long, hard road if you arent willing to accept possibilities and open your mind.

Old 04-11-2011, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Soccer is his favorite sport. He was a start in his youth and only picked football for the money and pressure from those around him. MLS didnt start until he was 18.

He has trained with european sides and is often scene at Arsenal matches since he is a fan of the team.

He is a top class athlete and could very well be a solid addition as a late game sub.
I am pretty sure that is you tyring to convince us he is a good player. Unless of course SKC would give anybody a runout in the first team as a Sub then I stand corrected.

16 years was terribly long time to wait to win the MLS but like I said we are the current champions. Running on your logic can I guess I can claim Liverpool are the best team in the PL because they last won the league in 1990 I wish I lived in your world, life would be so much easier.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:12 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,037 times
put it this way if my team signed johnny wilkinson for example, and he was terrible at football, got the ball trapped under his feet etc. i would be not to happy, exactly life is a long road so why complicate it by wasting precious training time with a guy who likes football, but is nowhere good enough to play at the top level

Old 04-11-2011, 05:52 PM

Quote:
I am pretty sure that is you tyring to convince us he is a good player. Unless of course SKC would give anybody a runout in the first team as a Sub then I stand corrected.
No, I had no idea how good or bad of a player he was at that time so how could I convince you of anything when I didnt know myself. I was simply making the point that there was nothing wrong with giving him a shot and that there is always a chance.

Quote:
Running on your logic can I guess I can claim Liverpool are the best team in the PL because they last won the league in 1990

I'm not exactly sure what that sentence is suppose to say as it doesnt make a damn bit of sense.

Old 04-11-2011, 08:34 PM

Of course it does not make sense to you .....

Old 04-12-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Of course it does not make sense to you .....

I dont understand it because it is not proper grammar. Plus, that has nothing to do with what we are discussing if it says what I have to guess it says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer