Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:16 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I wouldnt guarantee that. Word is that Bellamy is set to move to Toronto FC this summer. He isnt even playing in the EPL now. He is playing in Championship.

Toronto FC - Craig Bellamy Set For Toronto FC Move?

There are rumors that Drogba is looking to move to MLS as well.
Anelka is also rumored to be interested in a move to MLS after his time with Chelsea is up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2011, 08:43 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,000,014 times
Justin Bieber recently trained with Barca. I suppose that makes La Liga and Barcelona a joke.

Old 04-08-2011, 11:01 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
he had a kick about with the barcelona b-team for an hour, hardly getting a trial with the best football side in history now is it?!

Old 04-08-2011, 11:26 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,409,197 times
lol. Feeble attempt to defend why you gave an actual trial to a dude who cant kick a ball.
Media ***** athlete, media ***** team. But yeh I forgot still the best team in the US that everyone is jealous of even though they havent one MLS in 10 years ... oh wait :P

Old 04-08-2011, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
lol. Feeble attempt to defend why you gave an actual trial to a dude who cant kick a ball.
Media ***** athlete, media ***** team. But yeh I forgot still the best team in the US that everyone is jealous of even though they havent one MLS in 10 years ... oh wait :P

Wait. You're poking fun at my team for not winning MLS Cup in 10 years when it took your team 15 years to get one? That's 15 years to get any trophy. At least my team has gotten a USOC, an MLS Cup, and a Supporter's Shield. Please explain your logic. That doesnt make a damn bit of sense. You're basically slamming your own team.

Peter Vermes was actually on the radio talking about Ochocinco this morning. He basically said he was worried that Ochocinco would make it a media thing and he would disrupt the team. Not only did he not seek out the media, he was extremely respectful and acted like any other newcomer would. The SKC players enjoyed him so much, they pushed for him to get a contract. Omar Bravo, Kei Kamara, and Ryan Smith all pushed for him to get signed.

So, please tell me how it makes the MLS or the team look bad when the players including an international star pushed for him to get a contract? He must not have been that bad.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:10 PM

We are the current holders, that is all you need to understand

I bet Bravo, Kamara and Smith would have learned a lot from a world class athlete like him.

I am sure he was great but just didnt quite cut it for your international band of superstars that you have at SKC.

Old 04-08-2011, 01:43 PM

7,956 posts, read 11,846,883 times
if some people at the club wanted to give him a contract, that doesn't look good for your club!

Old 04-09-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
if some people at the club wanted to give him a contract, that doesn't look good for your club!
From your perspective maybe but I dont see why not.

They felt he was a great presence in the locker room and enjoyed having him around. They felt he worked hard and practice and in his 4 day trial, he improved tremendously.

Old 04-09-2011, 01:10 PM

Quote:
We are the current holders, that is all you need to understand
It still doesnt make sense to poke fun at a team that hasnt won it in 10 years when you your team took 16 years to win their first. If you dont understand how that doesnt make sense then I suggest enrolling in some math courses.

Quote:
I bet Bravo, Kamara and Smith would have learned a lot from a world class athlete like him.
You can learn something from anyone if your mind is open to it.

There is more to training than playing the game. There is weight training, fitness training, speed training, and more. I know I wouldnt mind an NFL wide receiver showing my squad a few things in that regard.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:52 PM

It totally does make sense! But its cool cause you know better because you support the biggest club in MLS that hasn't won it in 10 years.

But there *is* more to Football than being a good athlete .....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer