Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2011, 10:58 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times

Advertisements

mines was the 2003 scottish cup final between dundee and rangers lost 1-0, but we outplayed them and it was a great day took 30,000 fans to glasgow

so what would your favorite match you have attended be, and why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2011, 11:00 AM

Old 03-18-2011, 11:35 AM

921 posts, read 1,095,064 times
Partizan Belgrade 1 - Newcastle United 0
(Agg 2:2) Partizan won on away goals
UEFA Cup 1st Round Leg 2
October 01 1998

After losing the first game 2:1, Partizan Belgrade stunned Newcastle in the return leg.
Penalty from Rasovic was enough to eliminate Newcastle from UEFA cup in the first round.
This was a strong Newcastle team with players like Alan Shearer, Shay Given, David Batty, Warren Barton, Stuart Pearce, Rob Lee....and Ruud Gullit as manager.
The funny thing is that Partizan scored both their goals from penalties.
I kept the ticket up until last year, so unfortunately cannot scan it to show you.
As a EPL follower since the mid 90's this was my first game where I watcned EPL team live, so excitment was big and that's why I rank this as the best match I have ever been too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDG2adWmew

Old 03-18-2011, 12:00 PM

lol thats not my ticket found it online so it reminded me of that great game and atmosphere so thought id chuck it in!

Old 03-18-2011, 12:02 PM

921 posts, read 1,095,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
lol thats not my ticket found it online so it reminded me of that great game and atmosphere so thought id chuck it in!

Old 03-18-2011, 02:43 PM

643 posts, read 1,122,426 times
Ross County 2-3 Gretna

This was the final game of the season and James Grady scored a 90th minute winner to give Gretna the win and send them to the SPL.

Gretna won the league by 1 point. This also meant they won division 3, division 2 and division 1 in successive years.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:54 PM

643 posts, read 1,122,426 times
OR
Chelsea 4-2 Barcelona

Champions League 2nd leg

Barca had one the first leg 2-1.

Chelsea scored went 3-0 up within the first 18 minutes with Eidur Gudjohnsen, Frank Lampard and Damien Duff scoring.
Barca pulled 2 goals back. This was when Ronaldinho scored 'that goal' but in the 76 minute Terry scored a header which sent Chelsea through.

Old 03-18-2011, 08:11 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,741,231 times
Quite possibly the best comeback game ever.

Manchester United 2 v Bayern Munich 1, Nou Camp, Barcelona, May 26th 1999

5th row seats, 2/3rd's down the pitch from the final 2 goals, I could see the goal area to my left but not what was happening.

I remember everyone being very mournful in the dying minutes, only Champions League final in our lifetime for a lot of us and I don't mind admitting we were teary eyed. I know we won the corner, everyone was stood and we were craning our necks trying to see, hoping, praying and making promises we knew couldn't keep if only we could score. We didn't see the goal but the whole left end of the Nou Camp erupted and we knew we had scored, we were jumping around, hugging and getting ready for extra time. We were still celebrating when the left end roared again, for a split second I thought it was for the final whistle and upcoming extra time but United were running down the pitch celebrating, we'd scored again!! We'd come back and beaten the Germans.

Then going home and watching and listening to it again :

[SIZE=1]"Beckham crosses from the left, it's a clear header, and Solskjaer has won the European cup for Manchester United. It's absolutely astonishing. It was Sheringham who headed it on, and Solskjaer stabbed the ball with his right foot into the roof of the net. And Manchester United rule Europe. I don't believe it, but it's happened. They've come from one-nil down in stoppage time to beat Bayern Munich, and the Munich players are on their knees. They don't know what's hit them; Manchester's hit them!"[/SIZE]

Old 03-18-2011, 10:28 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Been so many

Shelbourne vs Rangers
Shelbourne vs Bohemians (Cup Final)
FC Kobenhavn vs SS Lazio (EURO in Denmark)
Brondby vs Shelbourne FC (EURO)
Kilmarnock FC vs Shelbourne

Man they were all great games and trips and I am sure I forgot a bunch more.
Also League of Ireland 11 vs IFK Goteborg the week after they beat Man Utd in the Champions league was another great one.

Old 03-19-2011, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonUSA View Post
Ross County 2-3 Gretna

This was the final game of the season and James Grady scored a 90th minute winner to give Gretna the win and send them to the SPL.

Gretna won the league by 1 point. This also meant they won division 3, division 2 and division 1 in successive years.
yep jamsey gradey, dundee fc ledgend! song- ''gets the ball and he goes on a mazy, gets the ball and he goes f****ng crazy, gets the ball and he goes on a mazy, woo woo wooo jamsey grady'' lol good times!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer