Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 10:20 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times

Advertisements

Another one I am excited abour is the Ayrshire derby between Ayr and Kilmarnock probably the 4th biggest derby in Scotland afer the Glasgow, Edinburgh and Dundee derbies, they are playing at 50,000 seater Hampden park in the league cup semi final in a few weeks and I think this will show the world how fierce this rivalry is, they don't play each other often so I am looking forward to it!

Ayrshire derby - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Ayrshire derby in Scottish Communities League Cup semi-final | Football | STV Sport
Ayr Utd v Kilmarnock SCLC Semi-Final - The Scottish Football League
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2012, 11:34 AM

The Ayrshire derby was won by Kilmarnock 1-0, that is a fierce derby! Not as many fans as the old firm but the same amount of hatred!

Old 01-28-2012, 03:28 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Thats good, I like Killie!

Had a great time with their fans when we played them in the UEFA Cup a few years ago.

Old 01-28-2012, 05:21 PM

We need to expand the SPL to get the Dundee, Ayrshire and highland derbies back!

Old 02-06-2012, 09:20 AM

Celtic don't need any rivals when their own fans do this to each other.

BBC News - Celtic supporter stabbed inside Inverness stadium

Old 02-09-2012, 05:53 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,924,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I have revised my list.

I think these are the biggest by far, for hatred anyway.

Club football

Celtic v Rangers (Scotland) Al Ahly v Zamalek (Egypt) Red Star Belgrade v Partizan Belgrade (Serbia) Real Madrid v Barcelona (Spain) West Ham United v Millwall (England) Galatasaray v Fenerbahce (Turkey) and Boca Juniors v River Plate (Argentina)

International football

Egypt v Algeria, Brazil v Argentina, England v Argentina, Germany v Holland, Turkey v Greece, El Salvador v Honduras and I think England v Scotland deserves a mention since it's the oldest rivalry in the world and that's the one I like personally lol
Croatia - Serbia
Bosnia - Serbia

Old 02-09-2012, 08:39 AM

Celtic v Rangers (Scotland) Al Ahly v Zamalek (Egypt) Red Star Belgrade v Partizan Belgrade (Serbia) Real Madrid v Barcelona (Spain) West Ham United v Millwall (England) Galatasaray v Fenerbahce (Turkey) Boca Juniors v River Plate (Argentina) Hajduk Split v Dynamo Zagreb (Croatia) Roma v Lazio (Italy) CSKA Sofia v Levski Sofia (Bulgaria) Basle v Zurich (Switzerland) Real Betis v Sevilla (Spain) Benfica v Porto (Portugal) Wisla Krakow v Cracovia (Poland) Ferencvaros v Ujpest (Hungary) Olympiakos v Panathinaikos (Greece) Paris Saint-Germain v Marseille (France) Schalke v Borussia Dortmund (Germany) Ajax v Feyenoord (Holland) Flamengo v Fluminese (Brazil) Palmeiras v Corinthians (Brazil) Aris Saloniki v PAOK Saloniki (Greece) Swansea v Cardiff (Wales) Nacional v Penarol (Uruguay) Santos v Botafogo (Brazil) Palermo v Catania (Italy) Genoa v Sampdoria (Italy) Sunderland v Newcastle (England) Aston Villa v Birmingham (England) Hearts v Hibernian (Scotland) Kaizer Chiefs v Orlando Pirates (South Africa) Lyon v Saint Etienne (France) America v Chivas (Mexico) Colo Colo v Universidad de Chile (Chile) Rosario Central v Newell's Old Boys (Argentina) Barcelona SC v Emelec (Ecuador)

International football

Egypt v Algeria, Brazil v Argentina, England v Argentina, Germany v Holland, Turkey v Greece, El Salvador v Honduras, England v Scotland, Serbia v Croatia, Serbia v Bosnia, Germany v Poland

Old 03-19-2012, 08:44 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,597 times
First time I have ever been on here. The biggest football rivalry in world football is Liverpool-Man Utd. There is no doubt about it. We hate each other with a passion and we cant stand each other. The rivalry has just gotten a lot worse after the whole Luis Suarez v Patrice Evra thing. We hate Mancs and they hate us. Its great.

Old 03-19-2012, 10:15 AM

You seriously think Liverpool v Man United is bigger that Celtic v Rangers, Barcelona v Real Madrid, Al Ahly v Zamalek, Red Star Belgrade v Partizan Belgrade, West Ham United v Millwall, Galatasaray v Fenerbahce, Boca Juniors v River Plate or Hajduk Split v Dynamo Zagreb is that what you are saying? People die because of some of these games for gods sake Liverpool v Man United is nowhere near as big a rivalry than the ones I have stated. It isn't even the bitterest rivalry in England West Ham v Millwall is.

Old 03-19-2012, 12:09 PM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
You seriously think Liverpool v Man United is bigger that Celtic v Rangers, Barcelona v Real Madrid, Al Ahly v Zamalek, Red Star Belgrade v Partizan Belgrade, West Ham United v Millwall, Galatasaray v Fenerbahce, Boca Juniors v River Plate or Hajduk Split v Dynamo Zagreb is that what you are saying? People die because of some of these games for gods sake Liverpool v Man United is nowhere near as big a rivalry than the ones I have stated. It isn't even the bitterest rivalry in England West Ham v Millwall is.

It is the biggest rivalry in world football. The difference between them and the rest of them is that their fans are not as stupid as others and dont go around killing each other. Celtic v Rangers fans dont kill each other neither does Millwall or West Ham. Its just in countries where the crime rate is high like Argentina and places like that. If Liverpool and Man Utd were in Argentina or somewhere like that then there would be people getting killed at those games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer