U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,584,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
Yeah..doesn't look very serious but hopefully it'll make them continue to struggle.

Pete what do you make of the talk about Morrison and Pogba? I'm not super familiar with them other than what i've heard but i reckon we should start one in midfield if they are that promising. At least in the FA cup or once we have a decent lead against lesser opponents. They are 18-19...old enough i figure.
Silva will be fine, just a knock.

THE only team in Manchester will win the league this year . We just need to get rid of Tevez.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2012, 11:13 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,443,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Spurs are the team to watch this weekend. Should be an easy 3 points against Wolves. These are my predictions:

Villa 1-1 Everton
Blackburn 0-1 Fulham
Chelsea 2-0 Sunderland
Liverpool 2-1 Stoke
Man United 4-1 Bolton
Spurs 2-0 Wolves
WBA 1-1 Norwich
Newcastle 0-2 QPR (they'll suffer without Ba)
Swansea 0-2 Arsenal (Henry to score again)
seems a reasonable guess but i reckon Newcastle will tie QPR 1-1

Welcome Dragonborn, who do you root for?

Old 01-13-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:

THE only team in Manchester will win the league this year . We just need to get rid of Tevez.
ugh nevermind lols

Old 01-13-2012, 11:21 AM

2,663 posts, read 4,584,882 times
Quote:
seems a reasonable guess but i reckon Newcastle will tie QPR 1-1

Welcome Dragonborn, who do you root for?
Manchester City & Celtic in the SPL.

Newcastle are decent, but most of their goals have come from Demba Ba. I'd like to see Leon Best be given a run in the team though. Ameobi is past it. I see QPR winning, new manager & all.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:51 AM

27 posts, read 43,559 times
Man Utd.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:53 AM

27 posts, read 43,559 times
Quote:

Why are you so sure about it? Couple of players out injured or suspended and you suddenly looked oh so ordinary.

Old 01-13-2012, 11:59 AM

921 posts, read 917,892 times
Quote:
Yeah..doesn't look very serious but hopefully it'll make them continue to struggle.

Pete what do you make of the talk about Morrison and Pogba? I'm not super familiar with them other than what i've heard but i reckon we should start one in midfield if they are that promising. At least in the FA cup or once we have a decent lead against lesser opponents. They are 18-19...old enough i figure.

I don't know much about them either, but have heard they are both very talented and both want to leave the club as they cannot agree on contract extension (which runs out in the summer). Maybe that's why SAF didn't play them when we were short on midfielders. Now with almost all midfielders fit and Scholes back, cannot see them play.
They played in the carling cup vs Crystal Palace; Morrison played the whole 2nd half and Pogba from 64 min, but they both showed nothing special. Have also heard that Citeh is sniffing around them. And yeah, Man Utd turned down an offer from Newcastle believed to be around $1mil for Morrison yesterday.

Old 01-13-2012, 12:08 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,189,998 times
Morrison is off to Newcastle supposedly.

Newcastle Ravel Morrison bid rejected by Manchester United | Mail Online

Old 01-18-2012, 06:37 PM

Morrison is not going to Newcastle lol...his ego wouldn't let him

United v. Arsenal will be broadcast live on Fox; that's pretty cool. I have both Fox Sports Soccer and Fox Sports Soccer Plus..with that and ESPN2 i never miss a united game i don't want to.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:14 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,189,998 times
His ego? lol Newcastle are a huge club going places why wouldn't he want to go?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer