U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2012, 05:02 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,408,342 times

Advertisements

Liverpool will have to work on promotion of guys from the youth system and hope they are awesome.

35m spent on Carroll was a disaster. The only thing about an English player is you are guarenteed paying a high price for an avg player.

I like Downing and Adam. Dump Carrol.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2012, 02:06 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,310,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Thats the market, especially last season - Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain an unknown from Southampton 20million (decent player but huge fee for a player untested) Peter Crouch 12million and been terrible all season, Andre Santos 8million and he is crap and doesn't get a game, Brian Ruiz 12million same story. At least Downing is a decent player and we all know buying Carrol was a mistake but surely a club legend deserves a mistake for what he has put into the club! And sure Liverpool will attract quality players just not the same calibre as the ones Man City, Man United, Spurs and Chelsea will attract. Give Kenny time, fans were calling for Alex Fergusons head not long after he took over, Arsenal fans were wanting Arsen Wenger out earlier this season and now its all ''In Arsen We Trust'' again now Arsenal have leapfrogged Tottenham into 3rd spot.

Downing is useless. Suarez could make it for any PL club even Man Utd and Man City. He just proves that you can be out of Europe and get top class players so we can do better then the likes of Downing and Adam.

Old 03-23-2012, 02:58 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,109,741 times
Do you even watch football? Downing has been your best player this season and Suarez, although entertaining and skillful, doesn't score nowhere near as many goals as Van Persie, Adeybayor, Rooney, Aguero, Ba etc even Bale scores more from midfield Lampard also, and hes only played about half the games, same with Hernandez

Robin Van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Sergio Aguero, Demba Ba, Yakubu, Edin Dzeko, Clint Dempsey, Emmanuel Adebayor, Mario Balotelli, Frank Lampard, Grant Holt, Steven Fletcher, Javier Hernandez, Danny Graham, Jermain Defoe, Darren Bent, Peter Odemwingie, Gareth Bale, Daniel Sturridge etc have all scored more.

Old 03-23-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Do you even watch football? Downing has been your best player this season and Suarez, although entertaining and skillful, doesn't score nowhere near as many goals as Van Persie, Adeybayor, Rooney, Aguero, Ba etc even Bale scores more from midfield Lampard also, and hes only played about half the games, same with Hernandez

Robin Van Persie, Wayne Rooney, Sergio Aguero, Demba Ba, Yakubu, Edin Dzeko, Clint Dempsey, Emmanuel Adebayor, Mario Balotelli, Frank Lampard, Grant Holt, Steven Fletcher, Javier Hernandez, Danny Graham, Jermain Defoe, Darren Bent, Peter Odemwingie, Gareth Bale, Daniel Sturridge etc have all scored more.

I have just lost all my football respect for you with that statement. Downing has been awful. He has scored two goals and both in the FA Cup and he has made one assist. Do you watch football. How the hell in your right mind do you think Downing was our best player. Our best players this season has all come from our defence. Skyrtel, Enrique and Agger have all been our best players this season and maybe Bellamy when he plays and he is fit. Downing has been awful. What football are you watching.

Old 03-23-2012, 05:48 PM

I couldn't care less if you have lost respect for me! It is my opinion and the games I have watched he has created a lot more than the other midfielders, Suarez has only scored 6 goals and has 3 assists but you still love him! And he is meant to be a creative striker, I would agree Bellamy has been good.

Old 03-23-2012, 06:10 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,408,342 times
I think Downing is doing good too. He puts a LOT of balls into the box but our strikers are usually nowhere to be seen ...

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Old 03-23-2012, 07:36 PM

921 posts, read 911,199 times
Downing's crosses have been awful in the games I watched L'pool games.
Ha had some good runs but his final cross is always too long or behind the goal.
He's been better than most of the Pool's players...well that is why they are where they are at the table.

Old 03-23-2012, 08:27 PM

Downing is one of the best crossers of the ball in the EPL thats the one part of his game that stands out but hes also fast, tricky and at least tries to create can't say that for Spearing, Carrol, Kelly etc

Old 03-24-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Downing is one of the best crossers of the ball in the EPL thats the one part of his game that stands out but hes also fast, tricky and at least tries to create can't say that for Spearing, Carrol, Kelly etc

Downing's crossing has been awful this season. He cant beat the first man with his crosses or with his feet. He does'nt even try. I do love Suarez but Suarez is not having a good season either. He should be scoring more and he should be creating more then he has done. He has been in trouble this season and missed 9 games for it and I dont think that helped him either.

Old 03-24-2012, 04:42 AM

Quote:
the games I have watched he has created a lot more than the other midfielders

You must not of seen a lot of games then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer