U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2012, 01:28 PM

921 posts, read 910,133 times

Advertisements

And speaking of Suarez....I only like him now because he is on my Fantasy Footbal team and I badly need him to perform well if I am to catch my friend at the top of our league and win some $$$. It's all about money, see?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 01:33 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,308,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
That is what I am saying. Money, money and more money.
And you have none and are not even in CL which can also atract quality players like Erickson or so....

We have enough money to buy players from little clubs who are top quality and if we have no money thats the owners fault and they should leave the club. They promised us money so they should give it to us.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
And speaking of Suarez....I only like him now because he is on my Fantasy Footbal team and I badly need him to perform well if I am to catch my friend at the top of our league and win some $$$. It's all about money, see?
You should take him out of your team because he is not playing the best. The only Liverpool player that should be in your team should be Skrtel. Your strikers should be RVP and Aguero. You should also rotate your team a lot every weak. Hope you win a bit of dough mate.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:47 PM

921 posts, read 910,133 times
You are now confusing me. First you are saying Suarez is a top quality, then you are suggesting to get rid of him because he is not at his best.
He is not at his best for a while now, not really a trademark for a top quality player.
And Aguero is injured btw. Mancini said it is stupid injury, so go figure what is his injury.
Rotating the team week in and week out actualy never helped me this season. Whenever I transferred a player he started performing.
I got Suarez that week when Pool had two games to play, vs Sunderland and Everton and he did nothing since then, only one assist.
I am afraid if I transfer him out now he will start performing

Old 03-30-2012, 03:11 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,273,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
That is the biggest load of crap I have ever heard. Liverpool have won 41 major trophies compared to Man Utd's 38. That is the league, FA Cup, League Cup, European Cup and Uefa Cups. You are counting the Charity Shields which dont count because it is not deemed a major trophy. Your statement does not mean anything because you are counting the Charity Shield.
Seriously? You count the league cup but not the charity shield? Fergie has used the league cup to field up and coming players and reserve players for years.

You seriously can't get over the fact that United are not only more popular than Liverpool but are better too.

Old 03-30-2012, 04:05 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times
United are only more popular because of gloryhunters, it wont stay that way if other teams win the league. Better than Liverpool ? Definitely.

I dont think Kenny is a mediocre manager, its pretty much his first season in charge. Yeh he made the worst possible signing in Carroll, we always seem to have managers who waste money like that. Heskey and Crouch to name a couple. All Kenny needs to do is win home games next season instead of drawing them all and well be on the right track, we wont win the league but CL qualification ext year would be a success.

Old 03-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
Seriously? You count the league cup but not the charity shield? Fergie has used the league cup to field up and coming players and reserve players for years.

You seriously can't get over the fact that United are not only more popular than Liverpool but are better too.
Oh dont make me laugh. The Charity Shield is not an honour at all. It does not count. You even get to use more subs in it which means its not a major honour. The league cup however is an honour in the English league. If you were to count the Charity Shield then you might aswell count the second division league titles the team has one. We have won more honours then Man Utd and thats a fact that you cannot except. I have always said Man Utd were better then us but we have won more and are the most successful team to have come out of England. Oh and Man Utd are only more popular because half of their fans are the likes of Americans and gloryhunters who dont have a clue about the club at all.

Old 03-30-2012, 09:33 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,273,017 times
Liverpool are only more successful in your mind because you have chosen not to count all trophies and to only count the ones which put you on top!

You can start talking about how great your team is when they are challenging for the title, instead of being in a mediocre 7th place.

Old 03-30-2012, 10:52 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Oh dont make me laugh. The Charity Shield is not an honour at all. It does not count. You even get to use more subs in it which means its not a major honour. The league cup however is an honour in the English league. If you were to count the Charity Shield then you might aswell count the second division league titles the team has one. We have won more honours then Man Utd and thats a fact that you cannot except. I have always said Man Utd were better then us but we have won more and are the most successful team to have come out of England. Oh and Man Utd are only more popular because half of their fans are the likes of Americans and gloryhunters who dont have a clue about the club at all.
That bit made me laugh, you just described half the fans in Ireland as well lol

Old 03-31-2012, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
Liverpool are only more successful in your mind because you have chosen not to count all trophies and to only count the ones which put you on top!

You can start talking about how great your team is when they are challenging for the title, instead of being in a mediocre 7th place.

No I am not. I am talking about trophies that are considered major trophies. Even Alex Ferguson said its not a major trophy. If you count that then you might aswell count the second division and Liverpool would still top you guys out. I never said this Liverpool team was great. I said it the other way round. What I will say is that we are the most decorated team from England.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer