U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,101,874 times

Advertisements

I watched it Liverpool started better but then Newcastle bossed it 2nd half.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,309,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
I watched it Liverpool started better but then Newcastle bossed it 2nd half.

It really is not good enough. Something needs to change. If it was up to me I would build a new team and management team. I would keep a few of the lads like the likes of Gerrard and Suarez. We need change and its not good enough. It really is'nt. Six defeats in seven games is awful. Someone has to go whether it be the manager or the players or both. It really does hurt being a Liverpool fan.

Old 04-01-2012, 10:58 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,427,336 times
John loves to talk crap on american football fans lol...there's a growing contingent of very knowledgeable football fans here...mls, epl, everything. Soccer is still a new/growing sport here competing with the big four. Did you really expect all American Football fans to be experts overnight?

I go to MLS games for my home team LA Galaxy and see lots of seasoned and euro fans there. As for rooting for United you have to remember a few things. First every big team gets their glory hunter fans, it's just gonna happen. I'm sure you can find Lakers fans in Shanghai who only know Kobe Bryant and have never heard of Magic Johnson or Kareem. It comes with success so why make a big deal. Also, some teams are given far more coverage here. I can't think of one Manchester United game that wasn't televised on either Fox Sports or ESPN2. A lot of other games are shown but they will always cover the big four-five teams' games. It's natural to follow a team you are able to see on tv; for me i started watching Leeds and followed Alan smith to united once they were relegated so i've already suffered enough!

Old 04-01-2012, 03:04 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,401,847 times
Sure if there were no glory hunters people would go watch local football and stick to it. What League of Ireland team do you support John, how regularly do you go ? Its easy to support English teams as there is more "glory" in supporting them.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:29 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,101,874 times
Exactly John be careful when slating Americans because you are also a foreigner supporting an English team and one of the most successful teams in Europe.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Sure if there were no glory hunters people would go watch local football and stick to it. What League of Ireland team do you support John, how regularly do you go ? Its easy to support English teams as there is more "glory" in supporting them.

St Pats. Go evry friday night

Old 04-01-2012, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
John loves to talk crap on american football fans lol...there's a growing contingent of very knowledgeable football fans here...mls, epl, everything. Soccer is still a new/growing sport here competing with the big four. Did you really expect all American Football fans to be experts overnight?

I go to MLS games for my home team LA Galaxy and see lots of seasoned and euro fans there. As for rooting for United you have to remember a few things. First every big team gets their glory hunter fans, it's just gonna happen. I'm sure you can find Lakers fans in Shanghai who only know Kobe Bryant and have never heard of Magic Johnson or Kareem. It comes with success so why make a big deal. Also, some teams are given far more coverage here. I can't think of one Manchester United game that wasn't televised on either Fox Sports or ESPN2. A lot of other games are shown but they will always cover the big four-five teams' games. It's natural to follow a team you are able to see on tv; for me i started watching Leeds and followed Alan smith to united once they were relegated so i've already suffered enough!
I am not slating Americans. I am not even slating glory hunters. I am slating the people who say they like a team and make judgements on other peoples teams( Man Utd fans in America on Liverpool) when really they dont even watch the games or know anything about the team. I slate the the people who tell me I am wrong about something that I have been watching since I was a kid. I like Americans but they have a reputation of being know it alls over here. For example I was in NYC for St Padddy's Day and an American told me I was saying and spelling it wrong and that it was said and spelt St Patty's Day. I was also told by another American that he was born in France when really he was born in Wales. Its stuff like that that annoys me. I am not talking crap. I am talking the truth.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
Exactly John be careful when slating Americans because you are also a foreigner supporting an English team and one of the most successful teams in Europe.

I have no problem with foreigners liking a team. We are the people who keep the team running. I spend countless amounts of money on Liverpool and they still seem to disapoint me. As I stated before my problem is with the idiots who open their mouths as if they know something about the game when really they dont. Thats my problem with it.

Old 04-01-2012, 05:58 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,401,847 times
How in the world do you know Man Utd fans in America know nothing about the team and don't watch games ?

You do know that we have two stations that are dedicated to soccer right ? Maybe more. On the channels there is historic matches too, and shows on history and rivalry.

Americans have no idea :/

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Old 04-01-2012, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
How in the world do you know Man Utd fans in America know nothing about the team and don't watch games ?

You do know that we have two stations that are dedicated to soccer right ? Maybe more. On the channels there is historic matches too, and shows on history and rivalry.

Americans have no idea :/

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

You need to get over this whole America thing. Its not just Americans. I am talking about people all over the world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer