U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-01-2012, 06:38 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,392,934 times
Reputation: 5087

Advertisements

Yeh ? Leave football to the Europeans cause you thought I was American

I'm just reading the same thing in your posts that everyone else does.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-01-2012, 06:55 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,191 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Yeh ? Leave football to the Europeans cause you thought I was American

I'm just reading the same thing in your posts that everyone else does.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Eh do you remember what we were talking about. We were talking about the buggest rivalrys in football and we were talking about Liverpool and Man Utd and Celtic and Rangers. They are European teams. Thats what I ment. Oh and do you remember what you said about the Liverpool and Man Utd rivalry. You said that they all sat around drinking tea with the queen. You might of been messing but thats why I said it. If you think that then you are completly stupid behond belief. Then you said you were Irish but I still think that was a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2012, 07:14 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,551 posts, read 16,392,934 times
Reputation: 5087
I'm stupid beyond belief ?
I'm not Irish ? you're on a roll man.

Coolock born and bread, been to junkiecore more times than I care to remember to see St Patricks Athletic Incorporating St Francis FC.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-01-2012, 07:20 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,095,038 times
Reputation: 4093
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
We are the people who keep the team running. I spend countless amounts of money on Liverpool and they still seem to disapoint me.
You are a supporter, stop winging about how bad your team is doing you have a trophy, plus you are still in the FA cup and are in Europe next season. I wish my team, that has been in administration twice in the last few years and are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, were so lucky. And we still are one of the best supported clubs in Scotland and look set for another season in the 2nd tier. We haven't had a derby match or been in the SPL or Europe in years and have to watch our biggest rivals, Dundee United, go from strength to strength. So honesty cheer up it could be worse! And why don't you stay in Ireland and support your local team you will save money and contribute to the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,191 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I'm stupid beyond belief ?
I'm not Irish ? you're on a roll man.

Coolock born and bread, been to junkiecore more times than I care to remember to see St Patricks Athletic Incorporating St Francis FC.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

I never called you stupid. If you read properly you will see I said you are stupid if you think they just sit around drinking tea talking to the queen. I know you were messing as I stated but I think you are stupid if you do believe that they do that. See I never called you stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2012, 06:54 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,191 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
You are a supporter, stop winging about how bad your team is doing you have a trophy, plus you are still in the FA cup and are in Europe next season. I wish my team, that has been in administration twice in the last few years and are in the 2nd tier of Scottish football, were so lucky. And we still are one of the best supported clubs in Scotland and look set for another season in the 2nd tier. We haven't had a derby match or been in the SPL or Europe in years and have to watch our biggest rivals, Dundee United, go from strength to strength. So honesty cheer up it could be worse! And why don't you stay in Ireland and support your local team you will save money and contribute to the league.

Eh I have an opinion like every fan. Just because your team is not doing great does not mean mine is. Winning the Carling Cup is not good enough for Liverpool seeing that they spent over 100 million to win it. We should be doing a lot better in the league for what we spent. We have a right to moan because we want to win the league much more then the Carling Cup and the League Cup. The worst thing is that we are told we are going forward when really we are going backward. We should be winning the league with the money we spent.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2012, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,095,038 times
Reputation: 4093
How should you be winning the league? Because you spent money? So did Chelsea, Man City, Spurs etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2012, 09:33 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,191 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
How should you be winning the league? Because you spent money? So did Chelsea, Man City, Spurs etc.

Yes Chelsea spent money and won the league two seasons in a row. The first season they won it was the 04/05 season. They spent 60 million on players. We spent 100 million on players and we cant even make it into the top 7. Thats awful looking at the money we spent. When Chelsea won the league in 09/10 they spent 23.5 million on players. Tottenham have spent 8 million this season and are 4th. Man City spent 70 million and are 2nd in the league. Everton have spent 8 million this season and are 7th. Newcastle have spent 25 million this season and are 6th. Money does win you the league. Just ask Chelsea fans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2012, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,451 posts, read 1,426,137 times
Reputation: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Yes Chelsea spent money and won the league two seasons in a row. The first season they won it was the 04/05 season. They spent 60 million on players. We spent 100 million on players and we cant even make it into the top 7. Thats awful looking at the money we spent. When Chelsea won the league in 09/10 they spent 23.5 million on players. Tottenham have spent 8 million this season and are 4th. Man City spent 70 million and are 2nd in the league. Everton have spent 8 million this season and are 7th. Newcastle have spent 25 million this season and are 6th. Money does win you the league. Just ask Chelsea fans.
or City
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-02-2012, 10:29 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,308,191 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
or City

Yes but City have not won the league yet. The whole point is that money does buy you success in football today. Its a real shame though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top