U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 03:01 PM

921 posts, read 910,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I'm confused, too many contradictions.

I should go back to Uzbekistan where I was born and turn the internet off.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
Can I come with you? I always wanted to see Uzbekistan .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 03:20 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,400,231 times
Yeh, let's do it!

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Old 04-03-2012, 09:43 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,427,336 times
Blackburn just defended and tried counter attacks (not bad ones either). United did not get frustrated, just kept plugging away and eventually got their goals from two amazing strikes. That's how championships are won..just keep playing your game and work together.

Almost forgot to point out De Gea. When he started he made some amazing saves and some bad blunders. Probably nervous and maybe some miscommunications. Now he's shed most of the blunders and just making great saves. It's early but he's starting to look world class.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:39 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,309,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Then why money can't buy success for Liverpool today?

Because they spent it wrong. They bought over priced British lads who are not worth half their price tag. They should have signed young European talent from the continent or from South America.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
It's a shame that the league can't be bought?

I think it's great and it speaks volumes for Fergie and his boys, hate United all you want but you don't see them spending 100 million to win the title.

Money does buy you success. Man Utd have spent big money to win the league in the past. You spent 30 milllion on Berbatov alone and he cant get into the team.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Man Utd have spent big money to win the league in the past. You spent 30 milllion on Berbatov alone and he cant get into the team.
They spent 30 milllion on Berba, and he was playing more regularly until this season but they changed the style of play so he can't fit in. Otherwise he is still top player. There have been some bad transfers, but there were some very very good ones.
What about Vidic? Costed 7 mil only.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
What about Vidic? Costed 7 mil only.

What about Rio Ferdinand. Cost you 30 million. Thats a lot of money. So when people say Man Utd dont spend money it really is a load of crap.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
What about Rio Ferdinand. Cost you 30 million. Thats a lot of money. So when people say Man Utd dont spend money it really is a load of crap.
They spend it on good players...well most of the time.
Rio was good signing, he is natural defender, you need that kind of a defender in the EPL.
They spent no big money in the last couple of years though.

What they spent this summer? Please remind me of Utd's summer signings...

Old 04-03-2012, 11:21 AM

Quote:
They spend it on good players...well most of the time.
Rio was good signing, he is natural defender, you need that kind of a defender in the EPL.
They spent no big money in the last couple of years though.

What they spent this summer? Please remind me of Utd's summer signings...

My point is that they have spent money to win the league. Manchester Utd have signed Phil Jones for 17 million. Ashley Young for 17 million and David De Gea for 19 million. Thats about 53 million. Thats a lot of money.

Old 04-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Quote:
My point is that they have spent money to win the league. Manchester Utd have signed Phil Jones for 17 million. Ashley Young for 17 million and David De Gea for 19 million. Thats about 53 million. Thats a lot of money.
And all these were superb yesterday, even though one was playing for only 10 min.
Man Utd spend and they are winning, keep it that way please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer