U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-22-2011, 09:13 PM
 
Location: Tejas
6,980 posts, read 10,769,102 times
Reputation: 4278

Advertisements

What a fantastic last day to the season. Great relegation drama. That is what MLS is missing, I don't care what anybody says .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-23-2011, 10:41 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,740 posts, read 6,234,198 times
Reputation: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
What a fantastic last day to the season. Great relegation drama. That is what MLS is missing, I don't care what anybody says .....

Pretty much every season the MLS has existed the playoff races have come down to the final game of the season. Hell, my own team's playoff life came down to the final game of the season four straight seasons. So, the MLS does have final weekend drama and it doesnt include the worst teams in the league so I dont know how they are missing it. I would much rather watch the drama involving the league's better teams than the league's worst teams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Tejas
6,980 posts, read 10,769,102 times
Reputation: 4278
Obviously dont support or watch teams at the bottom to make a comment like that. Thats OK I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-23-2011, 02:36 PM
 
Location: Kansas City, MO
5,740 posts, read 6,234,198 times
Reputation: 2697
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Obviously dont support or watch teams at the bottom to make a comment like that. Thats OK I guess.

What do you mean? I watch all the teams in MLS and at some point I watched every team in EPL this season and follow the league as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 AM
 
6 posts, read 3,824 times
Reputation: 15
Hi,,,
Barclays Premier League,MAN UTD wins the title again.Chelsea started the season at the high node but after 10-12 matches they lost there track(lack of team work).Arsenal like the previous few years not consistent with there performance,Man City always rise for some time and than fall drastically.Man UTD deserve to win this trophy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-25-2011, 08:00 AM
 
Location: NC
4,113 posts, read 1,982,992 times
Reputation: 1275
I'm now a little worried about our search for a manager... :/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2011, 11:50 AM
 
Location: Texas State Fair
8,567 posts, read 5,112,718 times
Reputation: 4128
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidButler View Post
Hi,,,
Barclays Premier League,MAN UTD wins the title again.Chelsea started the season at the high node but after 10-12 matches they lost there track(lack of team work).Arsenal like the previous few years not consistent with there performance,Man City always rise for some time and than fall drastically.Man UTD deserve to win this trophy.
Yeah, but they won it on a 'guess the angle of my dangle' free kick challenge from a questionable call on a fake foul. Wasn't much more than Prom night with the Man UTD Queens.

Must have been an intriguing season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 03:25 AM
 
Location: Fife
6,598 posts, read 4,767,692 times
Reputation: 3088
i think man united are gonna be hard to move from the top of the premier league, they have made a few good signings with ashley young, phil jones and de gea, and they are still in the hunt for wesley sneijder. and it was a good game with barca last night with united winning 2-1


‪Barcelona Vs Manchester United 1-2 All Goals & Full Highlights (World Football Challenge) 30/07/2011‬‏ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 05:52 AM
 
Location: Belgium
1,173 posts, read 885,865 times
Reputation: 1382
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
i think man united are gonna be hard to move from the top of the premier league, they have made a few good signings with ashley young, phil jones and de gea, and they are still in the hunt for wesley sneijder. and it was a good game with barca last night with united winning 2-1


‪Barcelona Vs Manchester United 1-2 All Goals & Full Highlights (World Football Challenge) 30/07/2011‬‏ - YouTube
ManU will indeed again be very close (as usual). Although I'd like to point out that FC Barcelona didn't have Piqué, Dani Alves, Puyol, Xavi, Mascherano and Messi in their team.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-31-2011, 07:47 AM
 
Location: Fife
6,598 posts, read 4,767,692 times
Reputation: 3088
i know, man united were not at full strength either though, good game anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top