U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2012, 11:35 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,308,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
It's not cocky. United are by far the most successful team of the Premiership era, we are current champions and City have proven that they are not unbeatable.
It is cocky saying you are going to win the league anyway. How do you know. Really how. You have to go and play Man City in their home turf. If you win or draw there then fair enough but you haven't yet so how do you know you will win the league.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2012, 11:50 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,398,736 times
3 points clear with 3 games to go, I think they have a right to start getting cocky tbf.

Utd have been there, done that when it comes to title run ins. If City were as good as they spent this season they would have had the league wrapped up by now but they dont.

Id love to see Utd lift the title this season.

Old 04-25-2012, 11:59 AM

1,634 posts, read 3,273,334 times
Coming from a Liverpool fan too. Made by day!!

City have United then Newcastle away and they must win both, a draw for City on any of those games pretty much ends the season.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
3 points clear with 3 games to go, I think they have a right to start getting cocky tbf.

Utd have been there, done that when it comes to title run ins. If City were as good as they spent this season they would have had the league wrapped up by now but they dont.

Id love to see Utd lift the title this season.
How the hell can you call yourself a Liverpool fan. Really how. I have never ever met a true Liverpool fan who would say something like that in my life. They might be 3 points clear but they are playing a team who if they win will go top.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:12 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,398,736 times
I am a Liverpool fan, but I dont live in some kind of dreamworld like you do. I have this thing called reality kicking me in the nuts when I watch football. In reality Liverpool are crap. In reality Man City are just a money club, not a football club. In reality Utd have the best youth system and the best purchasing mind in England (maybe rivaled with Arsenal when it comes to purchasing) and I would much rather see a team like Utd win with their setup then see City buy the league.

I hate Utd, but I hate City more because of how much the spend in trying to buy the league. Nothing makes me laugh harder in Football when I see results go against City. As a Liverpool fan I shouldnt be blinded by a hatred, the facts are there man. Man Utd are the best team in England.

Old 04-25-2012, 12:15 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,426,852 times
lol another fan of John...lmao

Seriously it's gonna be nail biting stuff...lets get it done United!

Old 04-25-2012, 12:39 PM

921 posts, read 910,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianh View Post
i am a liverpool fan, but i dont live in some kind of dreamworld like you do. I have this thing called reality kicking me in the nuts when i watch football. In reality liverpool are crap. In reality man city are just a money club, not a football club. In reality utd have the best youth system and the best purchasing mind in england (maybe rivaled with arsenal when it comes to purchasing) and i would much rather see a team like utd win with their setup then see city buy the league.

I hate utd, but i hate city more because of how much the spend in trying to buy the league. Nothing makes me laugh harder in football when i see results go against city. As a liverpool fan i shouldnt be blinded by a hatred, the facts are there man. Man utd are the best team in england.
+1

Old 04-25-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I am a Liverpool fan, but I dont live in some kind of dreamworld like you do. I have this thing called reality kicking me in the nuts when I watch football. In reality Liverpool are crap. In reality Man City are just a money club, not a football club. In reality Utd have the best youth system and the best purchasing mind in England (maybe rivaled with Arsenal when it comes to purchasing) and I would much rather see a team like Utd win with their setup then see City buy the league.

I hate Utd, but I hate City more because of how much the spend in trying to buy the league. Nothing makes me laugh harder in Football when I see results go against City. As a Liverpool fan I shouldnt be blinded by a hatred, the facts are there man. Man Utd are the best team in England.
No Brian you dont have to be in a dream world to hate your rivals. Man Utd do not have the best youth system in England Liverpool and Leeds do. Look it up. You clearly are not a real Liverpool fan because if you were you would want City to win the league. Why? because Liverpool fans have had to live through the hurt and the stick and had to watch Man Utd win everything for the last 20 years. That anger and hatred does not go away. Ask Man Utd fans why they hate us. The same reason we hate them. If you haven't noticed but everyone is a money club. Clubs are run on money. The worst is Chelsea by a long mile then its City and then funny enough its the likes of Man Utd and Liverpool. I hate City to but I hate Man Utd a hell of a lot more. I cant explain my hatred for that club. I just cant. There is nothing in the world I hate more then them so when we do win the league one day believe me I will be the first person to make sure Man Utd fans get the message.

Old 04-25-2012, 01:22 PM

921 posts, read 910,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
There is nothing in the world I hate more then them so when we do win the league one day believe me I will be the first person to make sure Man Utd fans get the message.
Let me know when this happens, OK?

Old 04-25-2012, 01:23 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,273,334 times
We hate you because you are dirty thieving scousers.

EVERYONE in Manchester hates you both Red and Blue alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer