U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2011, 02:43 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,673,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNEwx_46 View Post
well Chelsea just signed Lukaku as Drogba's future replacement.
Cool. He's a good, young player in the style of Drogba with some serious potential. And he's been a huge fan of Chelsea since he was a child as well .

Here in the Belgian press, it's expected that in his first year with the Blues, he'll mostly have to watch and learn and won't be in the starting squad a lot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 05:07 AM

175 posts, read 172,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Matt View Post
Wigan will win it.

Tbh, i don't care for the Premier League. I am a proper football supporter and support my LOCAL side.
So nobody who supports a prem side is supporting their local team?
Ridiculous statement mate, granted you have teams in their with a fair share glory hunters who are from nowhere near the area, Man utd springs to mind. But most teams have a loyal local fan base.

Old 08-09-2011, 09:00 AM

5,599 posts, read 8,276,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feedy55 View Post
What is the most front-runner for the following season? For me Liverpool or Arsenal.
Arsenal? I admire your optimism but unless we buy someone in the Vieira mould pretty damn quick and the defence grow some balls and stop letting in goals in the last ten minutes I reckon we'll be doing well to stay top 4. Wenger's got no new ideas.

Not sure who else I'd rather have winning it. It's getting boring seeing Man U in the top one/two every year and I don't think that highly of Chelsea/Man City buying their way to the top.

Old 08-12-2011, 04:54 PM

1,543 posts, read 2,634,422 times
I don't think Chelsea will be in the top 4 this season.

1. Man Utd
2. Liverpool
3. Man City
4. Arsenal

Old 08-13-2011, 08:23 PM

4,847 posts, read 6,358,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben86 View Post
Arsenal? I admire your optimism but unless we buy someone in the Vieira mould pretty damn quick and the defence grow some balls and stop letting in goals in the last ten minutes I reckon we'll be doing well to stay top 4. Wenger's got no new ideas.

Not sure who else I'd rather have winning it. It's getting boring seeing Man U in the top one/two every year and I don't think that highly of Chelsea/Man City buying their way to the top.
Chelsea and Man City aren't the only clubs attempting to buy a championship. It's just more obvious when your club hasn't won titles and suddenly you do or are on the verge of. Man United has been buying championships for years. Just like Barca, Madrid and the top clubs in every league.

Do you think Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, PSV, Bayern, Milan, Inter and any other top club in any league is on top from simply developing talent?

Old 08-14-2011, 04:47 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,673,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Just like Barca, Madrid and the top clubs in every league.

Do you think Celtic, Rangers, Ajax, PSV, Bayern, Milan, Inter and any other top club in any league is on top from simply developing talent?
I thought Barcelona was the golden exception to that rule . The same went for Ajax back in the nineties: tons of home-grown players.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:12 AM

175 posts, read 172,637 times
So Chelski and the mancs get their seasons under-way today. Both away to tricky opposition.
Think Chelseas game is the harder, Stoke is not an easy place to go.

My predictions, Stoke 1 1 Chelsea
.West brom 1 3 Man utd, Rooney hattrick for the fantasy league please!

Old 08-14-2011, 09:41 AM

4,847 posts, read 6,358,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
I thought Barcelona was the golden exception to that rule . The same went for Ajax back in the nineties: tons of home-grown players.
I read an article about the collapse of the Ajax youth system a few years ago. Wish I could remember where I read it. It correlated the decline of Ajax with the decline of the once lauded youth system.

Old 08-14-2011, 12:25 PM

4,112 posts, read 3,821,469 times
Chelsea 0-0 Stoke

disappointing, but the Blues didn't play too badly.

Old 08-15-2011, 12:07 PM

643 posts, read 980,521 times
Chelsea played OK not brilliant but there were positives. Stoke are underestimated as a team, most know that they are very strong at home. Torres looked sharp which is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer