U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:01 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,110 times
Reputation: 288

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
United fans hate Liverpool because they have been successful for the last 20 years? Yeah, it must have been all those Premiership trophies you won.

I've told you why Manchester and most of England hates Liverpool, and it's got nothing to do with what you keep failing to do on the pitch.

Let's hear the great players you have from your academy then.
Dont be stupid you know exactly what I mean. Man Utd fans hate Liverpool for the same reason Liverpool fans hate them. Think about it big boy. Man Utd fans hate Liverpool because Liverpool were successful in the 70s and 80s. Liverpool hate Man Utd because Man Utd were successful for the last 20 years. OK do you understand now. Think about it. No you haven't told me why Manchester and the most of England hate Liverpool. You are talking a load of ****e and stereotypes. Scousers are dirty thieves. Listen to yourself. The fact is that there has been more crime in Manchester then any other place in the UK apart form London. Think about it. You cant talk to a Man Utd fan because you guys are to biased. You will never admit if you were wrong or anything. There is no point arguing with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:12 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,549 posts, read 16,381,882 times
Reputation: 5087
I am pretty sure you didn't give me great reasons.

I do watch football man, Shelbourne for almost 20 years, Colorado now. I go to games. You've been to Liverpool 15 times this season ? That must be hard considering you say you go to St Pats games every Friday. I think you spin a good yarn dude.

So EVERYONE else cheats constantly in Europe is what youre telling me, like Barca did against Chelsea ? Barca spent more time on the ground that I have ever seen anyone. A bit of play acting is expected but Barca turned it into an art.

Whats wrong with checking a score by accident ? You do realise there is these things called timezones across the world. Within these timezones people live on different times to other States/Countries/Continents. Many of us have jobs in these timezones and dont get to watch games lives so we dont check scores and watch games at home cause its on again or we TIVO'd it.

Irish football has no money because there is people who seem to think Celtic are Irish and theyre the club to support and there are people such as yourself who are barstoolers supporting the glory of the premiere league, erm I mean going to 15 games a season.

Youve no interest in it because its not shown on bars and Sky Sports in Ireland thats why :S

If Liverpool had a great youth system we would be doing a lot better than we are now ...

I do get a passion for rivalry, thats my whole point. I dont say I am supposed to hate Utd for X reasons I do it. Thats stupid to me. Its hard for me to get all wound up by a "rivalry" thats reported in The Sun and seen on Sky Sports only ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
What are you talking about. I gave you great reasons why I hate Man Utd. You must not get it. Liverpool fans hate Man Utd because they have been successful for the last 20 years. Thats the same reason Man Utd fans hate Liverpool. Get off my barstool coming from the man who lives in the States. Watch some football coming for the man who hates watching Barcelona every week because they do what everyone else does in Europe. Coming from the man who said that he checked the score of the game by accident yesterday. Your telling me to watch more football. Listen mate I have been to about 15 Liverpool games this season alone. I spend countless money on the club. Your football might be all great in the US with no rivalry but over in Europe its a lot different. I gave you reasons why I hate Man Utd. You cannot be a THROUGH Liverpool fan if you want Man Utd to win the league. If you really do want Man Utd to win the league then you clearly dont get the rivalry between the to clubs. Oh and as I said football is a game about money. Shelbourne dont have money because Irish football does'nt have money because of a lot of reasons. I dont know about Colarado because I dont watch the MLS at all because I have no interest in it. Believe me football is a money game now. Oh and you are talking about Giggs and Scholes who came through the Utd academy alomost 20 years ago. I am talking about now. Are academy along with Leeds is the best in England. You clearly dont get the passion of the rivalry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:13 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,549 posts, read 16,381,882 times
Reputation: 5087
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
. Think about it. You cant talk to a Man Utd fan because you guys are to biased. You will never admit if you were wrong or anything. There is no point arguing with you.
Touche
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:35 PM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,110 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I am pretty sure you didn't give me great reasons.

I do watch football man, Shelbourne for almost 20 years, Colorado now. I go to games. You've been to Liverpool 15 times this season ? That must be hard considering you say you go to St Pats games every Friday. I think you spin a good yarn dude.

So EVERYONE else cheats constantly in Europe is what youre telling me, like Barca did against Chelsea ? Barca spent more time on the ground that I have ever seen anyone. A bit of play acting is expected but Barca turned it into an art.

Whats wrong with checking a score by accident ? You do realise there is these things called timezones across the world. Within these timezones people live on different times to other States/Countries/Continents. Many of us have jobs in these timezones and dont get to watch games lives so we dont check scores and watch games at home cause its on again or we TIVO'd it.

Irish football has no money because there is people who seem to think Celtic are Irish and theyre the club to support and there are people such as yourself who are barstoolers supporting the glory of the premiere league, erm I mean going to 15 games a season.

Youve no interest in it because its not shown on bars and Sky Sports in Ireland thats why :S

If Liverpool had a great youth system we would be doing a lot better than we are now ...

I do get a passion for rivalry, thats my whole point. I dont say I am supposed to hate Utd for X reasons I do it. Thats stupid to me. Its hard for me to get all wound up by a "rivalry" thats reported in The Sun and seen on Sky Sports only ...
Shut your mouth kid. You dont know me. I am a glory hunter. Dont make me laugh. Coming from someone who lives in the country of glory hunters. What Barca game were you looking at. All I seen was Drogba diving everytime he lost the ball.
Knowone thinks Celtic are Irish. Its because they are a Celtic team like Irish and Scots and they are Catholic. The reason Irish football does not have money is because of the population and because Britain is only 50 miles away across the Irish sea. We Irish people have a lot of family in the UK in places like Liverpool and Manchester.
Irish football is shown every friday night on RTE2 and then on Saturday morning so what you said is *******s.
Do you know what youth means. The youth system is the future not now so because we have a good youth system does not mean we should be god now it means we should be good in the future.

You clearly dont get passion in the rivalry of Liverpool v Man Utd because you would like Man Utd to win the league. End of.

Sky Sports and the Sun are idiots and you should know that. Do you know why Liverpool fans dont like the Sun or is that not important to you DUDE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:47 PM
 
Location: Reading, UK
175 posts, read 172,590 times
Reputation: 132
Aaaaanyway we all know the biggest rivalry in english football is Reading - Aldershot

So im thinking of having a bet on Villa going down???
After losing to bolton they are bang in the s**t.
Cant wait for monday also, come on city make it interesting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,549 posts, read 16,381,882 times
Reputation: 5087
Kid ? lol. Dont be mad man, its a discussion forums lol Country of glory hunters ? What ? The Barca game that was on TV, which game do you think ?

They dont ? Really ? Ask people who the best Irish football team is and 80% will say Celtic I bet.
Quote:
The reason Irish football does not have money is because of the population and because Britain is only 50 miles away across the Irish sea. We Irish people have a lot of family in the UK in places like Liverpool and Manchester.
Irish football is shown every friday night on RTE2 and then on Saturday morning so what you said is *******s.
Which is what I said. Barstoolers watching the BPL so there is no money in Irish footbal because of it. There is not a live game on RTE every Friday night, they didnt sign up for that many live games. Dont for MNS if youre trying to throw out how much you know about it. I prefer ShelsTV for my sources anyway.
Youth system is the future, youre right. So presumeabley in the past, youth players came up. You realise they get older and are good players like Scholes and Giggs etc ?

Clearly man youre right, I dont have the logic of a barstooler. I do apologise for not hating a team for the same reasons you hate them. My apologies are issued.

So now youre going to bring Hillsborough into it ? You are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Why did you highlight DUDE ? That makes no sense at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:48 PM
 
Location: Scotland
7,972 posts, read 10,085,866 times
Reputation: 4092
Just playing devils advocate here, I think a lot of what John has said is wrong but he is right when saying no Liverpool supporter should want Man United to win thee league! Can you imagine a Celtic fan wanting Rangers to win the league or a Barcelona supporter wanting Real Madrid to win the league! Bitter rivalries is what sets football apart from other sports.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-25-2012, 03:51 PM
 
Location: Tejas
7,549 posts, read 16,381,882 times
Reputation: 5087
Id go with Wolves, Blackburn and Wigan to go down. I hate seeing Blackburn go down though, I have a soft spot for them for some reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2012, 10:28 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,307,110 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Kid ? lol. Dont be mad man, its a discussion forums lol Country of glory hunters ? What ? The Barca game that was on TV, which game do you think ?

They dont ? Really ? Ask people who the best Irish football team is and 80% will say Celtic I bet.

Which is what I said. Barstoolers watching the BPL so there is no money in Irish footbal because of it. There is not a live game on RTE every Friday night, they didnt sign up for that many live games. Dont for MNS if youre trying to throw out how much you know about it. I prefer ShelsTV for my sources anyway.
Youth system is the future, youre right. So presumeabley in the past, youth players came up. You realise they get older and are good players like Scholes and Giggs etc ?

Clearly man youre right, I dont have the logic of a barstooler. I do apologise for not hating a team for the same reasons you hate them. My apologies are issued.

So now youre going to bring Hillsborough into it ? You are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Why did you highlight DUDE ? That makes no sense at all.
Once again knowone over here would say Celtic are an Irish team. Maybe in America but not in Europe. Eh we are not barstoolers over here. We go and support our local clubs but we like the PL too. Dont call me a barstool fan.
What is your point on the youth. You said Man Utd have the best youth system. Why because they brought in Giggs and Scholes. I am talking about now.

You apoligise for not hating a team for the same reason I do. Its not just me. Ask most Liverpool fans in the world why they hate Man Utd and they will tell you. Ask any Liverpool fan who they would like to see win the league Utd or City and guess what your answer would be. Its not just me you should be apologizing to. You should be apologizing to most LFC fans for saying that. Just out of interest then why do you hate Man Utd if its not for the same reason as the rest of us.

If you bring The Sun into it then Hillsborough will obviously be brought into it. Let me guess Brian I bet you read The Sun.

I said DUDE because you keep calling me DUDE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-26-2012, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Colorado Springs
1,634 posts, read 3,269,984 times
Reputation: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Why because they brought in Giggs and Scholes. I am talking about now.
What???

You think that is all the academy has produced. Fletcher, Welbeck & Evans spring to mind as current players from the academy.

Let's not forget that Pique, Rossi and Zieler all came through the academy too.

What great players have recently come from the Liverpool academy? I can only think of Jack Robinson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top