U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2012, 07:27 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,311,504 times

Advertisements

Well done Saints. Welcome back to the Premier League.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,895,805 times
Dempsey is the greatest American player of this generation in my mind. No question about it.

At the same time, I would not put him in the world class category. There such few players that you can really say that about.

What a win for Wigan over Newcastle. They have had some nice wins as of late, going into the Emirates and getting the win, taking out United at home.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Dempsey is the greatest American player of this generation in my mind. No question about it.

At the same time, I would not put him in the world class category. There such few players that you can really say that about.

What a win for Wigan over Newcastle. They have had some nice wins as of late, going into the Emirates and getting the win, taking out United at home.
Exactly my point. Dont get me wrong I like Dempsey and he is a top class player but just not a world class player.

Yeah Wigan really are becoming my lower table team. They have shown so much heart and spirit the last few weaks and Martinez should be proud of his lads and the best part is is that they do it almost every year.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:38 PM

3-0 Luis Suarez. Three crackers. Well done lads. Lets go do Fulham and then the big one. Bring on Chelsea.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:51 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,553,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post

Dempsey is outstanding. Maybe we should hold off on the world class or not assessment until he joins a team in the Champions League? If he gets a hat trick against AC Milan and continues to score regularly, he will at least attain the heights of Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard when they were in their prime. No offence to Fulham, but they are an average team at best, so he'll never get to play CL football there.

Wigan are in form at the moment. I see them surviving the drop, but I don't see them holding onto Victor Moses for much longer. I hope the toon army haven't lost it. I really wanted them to qualify for the CL.

Old 04-28-2012, 12:52 PM

2,663 posts, read 4,553,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
3-0 Luis Suarez. Three crackers. Well done lads. Lets go do Fulham and then the big one. Bring on Chelsea.
Torres against his old club in the FA Cup final. Di Matteo simply has to play him.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:10 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,418,110 times
Why cant Suarez do that every game, hes such a talented player but hes only knocked in what ... 11 goals this season in the league ?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Why cant Suarez do that every game, hes such a talented player but hes only knocked in what ... 11 goals this season in the league ?
The thing is that he actually could. Suarez has hit the post the most out of anyone in the league this season. Imagine if they were goals for him. He played great today and he plays like that a lot of the time just the post always lets him down.

Old 04-28-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonborn View Post
Torres against his old club in the FA Cup final. Di Matteo simply has to play him.
He probaly will be on the bench and come on. I hope Reina saves his penalty to give us the cup if it goes to penalties.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:31 PM

7,552 posts, read 16,418,110 times
You can imagine all day but the fact of the matter is he only scored 11 (I think) miserable goals! That's Clinton Morrison standards!

Liverpool need him to be a 20 goal a season player.

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer