U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 09:29 AM

1,651 posts, read 1,308,655 times

Advertisements

Well done to City today. Man Utd are 1-0 up now. I say Swansea can do some damage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 08:53 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,397,409 times
Very good final day!

Need QPR to score!

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Old 05-13-2012, 10:17 AM

52 posts, read 73,407 times
So Manchester City bought the title? Sad day for English football if that is the case. Actually, Chelsea have already done it, so I guess the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool (the English teams I somewhat respect) are used to having sugardaddies ruining the league.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:35 AM

580 posts, read 862,631 times
Congrats to City, what an emotional game, just unbelievable. One day someone will make a movie on this one. The emotions the fans went through today is something that as a European and Italian fan I understand very well, went through some of them myself.
I feel sorry for UTd fans, but not too much: they won so many titles in the last 20 years, while City hasn't won in ages.

I watch and follow american football, basketball and hockey, but boy, there is nothing like soccer. The emotions are just so deep.

Good job City!

Old 05-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petasus View Post
So Manchester City bought the title? Sad day for English football if that is the case. Actually, Chelsea have already done it, so I guess the likes of Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool (the English teams I somewhat respect) are used to having sugardaddies ruining the league.
Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal have also spent a lot to get success. Its not just Man City.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:45 PM

Well done Man City. I am delighted for them. They showed so much emotion and heart. They deserved to win the league. Well done to them. Thats what football is all about at the end when Ageuro scored. You will not get that anywhere else. Did you see that expert. They should open that thread so I can shove this in his face. What a winner.

Old 05-13-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoItaly View Post
Congrats to City, what an emotional game, just unbelievable. One day someone will make a movie on this one. The emotions the fans went through today is something that as a European and Italian fan I understand very well, went through some of them myself.
I feel sorry for UTd fans, but not too much: they won so many titles in the last 20 years, while City hasn't won in ages.

I watch and follow american football, basketball and hockey, but boy, there is nothing like soccer. The emotions are just so deep.

Good job City!
I agree with you on most of what you said. That was a game full of passion and emotion. Thats what football is all about and thats why it is the greatest sport in the world.

I dont feel sorry for Man Utd fans though. Why should we. They have won it so many times and they have laughed at other teams who came close that year and they were getting cocky today. If they had won today they would be laughing at Man City fans and Liverpool fans for that matter. Its all part of the game though and you win some and you lose some. They will be back but I hope I am so worng.

Old 05-13-2012, 02:53 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,273,334 times
Why would we have been laughing at Liverpool fans?

Liverpool weren't even close to being contenders.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post

Liverpool weren't even close to being contenders.
Thats why because we are going through a rough patch. You would of chanted are you watching Merseyside too.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:25 PM

7,148 posts, read 7,979,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Thats why because we are going through a rough patch. You would of chanted are you watching Merseyside too.
been going through a rough patch for over twenty years as far as the championship goes
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer