U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2012, 03:46 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,308,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
been going through a rough patch for over twenty years as far as the championship goes
Pretty much yeah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2012, 03:53 PM

175 posts, read 172,752 times
What a final f**king day!

"Manchester united have done all they can, city still alive here...Ballotelli, Aggggggggguuuueeeeeeerrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Unbelievable! Glad city won it, can see how much it means to the fans!
Oh yeah, Laughing at the utd fans coming out with all the "bought the league rubbish" Jealous much?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:26 PM

1,634 posts, read 3,273,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boycee View Post
Laughing at the utd fans coming out with all the "bought the league rubbish" Jealous much?

Old 05-13-2012, 07:31 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,426,622 times
I was very exicted at about 5 min to go in the QPR game to see 2 goals scored and the title go to City. We only have ourselves to blame, couldn't tie either City game and gave up 4 goals at home to Everton. We really need to get at least a couple people in our midfield and defense to have a better next year.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:41 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times
I must say it is beautiful to here the Utd fans crying all day

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk

Old 05-13-2012, 11:08 PM

52 posts, read 73,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal have also spent a lot to get success. Its not just Man City.
Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal also have the revenues to warrant such spending. Manchester City does not. That is a huge difference which you're constantly refusing to acknowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boycee View Post
Oh yeah, Laughing at the utd fans coming out with all the "bought the league rubbish" Jealous much?
If you're referring to me, I've clearly stated that I do not follow this awful league. I just like to know who will be in the UCL next season.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:44 AM

7,148 posts, read 7,978,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petasus View Post
Manchester United, Liverpool and Arsenal also have the revenues to warrant such spending. Manchester City does not. That is a huge difference which you're constantly refusing to acknowledge.

If you're referring to me, I've clearly stated that I do not follow this awful league. I just like to know who will be in the UCL next season.

arsenal are no big spenders

Old 05-14-2012, 08:36 AM

3,723 posts, read 3,883,415 times
What a final day it was. Between the fight for the title and the battle to stay up, it was a solid day all around and probably the best ever. It was also nice that you had so many matches being shown live between ESPN 2, FX, SPEED, Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus and FSN.

The bar I was watching at was packed with a wide range of fans, Chelsea, United, City, Everton, Newcastle, Arsenal and even a couple of QPR fans. Everyone was turning from TV to TV as all matches were being shown and when City pulled ahead in extra time it was quite the reaction from all fans.

It's nice that another club has won the Premier League. City joins Blackburn, Chelsea, Arsenal and United as Premier League winners. The more the merrier.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:38 AM

I don't think that Petasus said Arsenal were big spenders. The statement was that they have the revenue to warrant big spending.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I must say it is beautiful to here the Utd fans crying all day

Sent from my Alcatel OT-981A using Tapatalk
I don't know of any United fans crying.

I also don't know any City fans over here.

Guess that will change next season, everyone will have been a City fan for life. Just like the Chelsea fans a few years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer