U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,887,075 times
Reputation: 2785

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
We haven't been good enough all season. Kenny is not just to blame for that but he needs to fix it if he does stay. However I wouldn't be to surprised if we was sacked because FSG came out a few months ago and said he was safe after they started sacking people at LFC. Now if someone's job was safe then I would think that the best thing to do is to keep quite about it and say nothing and thats not what FSG did. I might be wrong but I have a feeling that he has gone.

Are you over in England? If so, what are your thoughts on John Henry and Co? Here in Boston, he gets some flack for owning Liverpool as Red Sox fans feel his attention is divided and he should be solely focusing on the Sox.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,309,545 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Are you over in England? If so, what are your thoughts on John Henry and Co? Here in Boston, he gets some flack for owning Liverpool as Red Sox fans feel his attention is divided and he should be solely focusing on the Sox.
Well I am in Ireland which is very close but yeah there is a mixed atitude towards him over here. I dont mind him myself but he needs to put money into the club in the summer and he needs to make a decision on the new stadium soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,887,075 times
Reputation: 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Well I am in Ireland which is very close but yeah there is a mixed atitude towards him over here. I dont mind him myself but he needs to put money into the club in the summer and he needs to make a decision on the new stadium soon.

Do you want a new Anfield?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,309,545 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
Do you want a new Anfield?
Yeah I would love to see Anfield redeveloped. I dont want us to leave because it is our home and full of history and memories.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 10:00 AM
 
3,723 posts, read 3,887,075 times
Reputation: 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
Yeah I would love to see Anfield redeveloped. I dont want us to leave because it is our home and full of history and memories.
Henry has had some good success with his massive renovations to Fenway Park here in Boston. So he does have experience renovating and making an old stadium more modern and nicer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Florida
1,748 posts, read 1,658,972 times
Reputation: 1774
I'm a United fan through and through, and while it pained me to know end to have City win the title, watching that game was such an enjoyment from beginning to end, and I tip my cap to City on their triumph.

That game...man oh man! From Barton blowing up, the QPR going up by a goal, to the 2 stoppage time goals. OMG!!

But of course, Tevez has to go an show his true colors by holding up the RIP Fergie sign during celebrations. What a tool that man is. When he was with United and won the CL, he was the only player that turned his jersey around so that Tevez was showing in front rather than the United badge. Now with City, he sulks for the majority of the season, banished in Argentina, comes back to rescue the team from breakdown and then has the gaul to hold up a sign like that! He is such a classless person to do something like that. UGH!

While I don't like City, there are players on that team that I respect, but Tevez is not one of them, neither is Balotelli. Players like Kompany, Silva, Micah Richards, Milner...they are players that I respect.

Nasri is another one that annoys me. Instead of just going with the flow after winning, he has to call out Arsenal supporters and show that he joined City to win, not for the money. Way to pull an Adebayor by insulting the fans that basically raised you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 10:18 AM
 
Location: Florida
1,748 posts, read 1,658,972 times
Reputation: 1774
Oh and while it's unlikely, I can always hope that City follow in the footsteps of the other "non BIG FOUR" team to win the PL and get relegated in the future just like Blackburn this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 10:48 AM
 
1,651 posts, read 1,309,545 times
Reputation: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post

Nasri is another one that annoys me. Instead of just going with the flow after winning, he has to call out Arsenal supporters and show that he joined City to win, not for the money. Way to pull an Adebayor by insulting the fans that basically raised you!
Well I remember that he got a lot of stick from Arsenal fans for leaving and he they said he went for the money and he said he went to win things so I suppose he does have a point there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 AM
 
Location: Los Angeles
1,451 posts, read 1,427,912 times
Reputation: 648
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
I'm a United fan through and through, and while it pained me to know end to have City win the title, watching that game was such an enjoyment from beginning to end, and I tip my cap to City on their triumph.

That game...man oh man! From Barton blowing up, the QPR going up by a goal, to the 2 stoppage time goals. OMG!!

But of course, Tevez has to go an show his true colors by holding up the RIP Fergie sign during celebrations. What a tool that man is. When he was with United and won the CL, he was the only player that turned his jersey around so that Tevez was showing in front rather than the United badge. Now with City, he sulks for the majority of the season, banished in Argentina, comes back to rescue the team from breakdown and then has the gaul to hold up a sign like that! He is such a classless person to do something like that. UGH!

While I don't like City, there are players on that team that I respect, but Tevez is not one of them, neither is Balotelli. Players like Kompany, Silva, Micah Richards, Milner...they are players that I respect.

Nasri is another one that annoys me. Instead of just going with the flow after winning, he has to call out Arsenal supporters and show that he joined City to win, not for the money. Way to pull an Adebayor by insulting the fans that basically raised you!
you respect that hack Kompany?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2012, 12:02 PM
 
921 posts, read 910,788 times
Reputation: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter31 View Post
But of course, Tevez has to go an show his true colors by holding up the RIP Fergie sign during celebrations. What a tool that man is.
Showing his and Man City class....
They won the league, good for them, but class there is none.

I am amazed so many teams and people (including some on this forum) are so obsessed with Man Utd failing to win the title, they simply forget to see how poor their clubs are.
Must've been be very hard on them to see this last quarter of a century's Utd's success's, huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top