Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 08:08 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,545,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
That bit made me laugh, you just described half the fans in Ireland as well lol

No I did'nt. Fans in Ireland watch the games and go to games unlike most Americans who just pick a team and could'nt even tell you who plays for them. Most of us have family over there in the likes of Liverpool and Manchester. Do you know that Liverpool is closer to Dublin then London. Why do you think they call Scousers Paddy's who can swim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,742,324 times
The League cup isn't considered a major trophy, it's 2nd rate to the FA Cup.

Just because you personally do not think something is major doesn't stop it from being a piece of silverware.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berncohomes View Post
The League cup isn't considered a major trophy, it's 2nd rate to the FA Cup.

Just because you personally do not think something is major doesn't stop it from being a piece of silverware.

It is not major because you can use more then 3 subs in it and which means its considered a friendly. That means its not a a major trophy. Face it we have won more major trophies then you. Oh and what about you Man Utd fans always saying how when you get knocked out of a tournament how you did not want to be there. We have more major trophies then you and thats a fact.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:56 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,845,946 times
The community shield is not a major trophy and the league cup is maybe not as good as the FA cup but is still a major trophy without doubt.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
The community shield is not a major trophy and the league cup is maybe not as good as the FA cup but is still a major trophy without doubt.
Finally someone who see's my point.

Old 03-31-2012, 09:40 AM

1,633 posts, read 3,742,324 times
Sunderland sticking it to City today, we beat Blackburn then we go 6 points clear. But it really doesn't count because according to john Liverpool are still the greatest team of all time.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Sunderland sticking it to City today, we beat Blackburn then we go 6 points clear. But it really doesn't count because according to john Liverpool are still the greatest team of all time.

Just the most successful team to come from England. Glad we sorted that one out

Old 03-31-2012, 10:39 AM

921 posts, read 1,095,656 times
So, are you nervous now John? Only the thought of Man Utd being closer to the #20 makes you angry, huh?
City 3 - Sunderland 3.
Was it a penalty for City then? I say no way, but somebody here raving about referees favor Man Utd all the time.
Well, look better and you will see that those things happened all the time.
And, yeah, in the build up for the second City goal there was a foul near goal out line for Sunderland when they tried to clear the ball out. Look good (you John) and tell me it is only Man Utd getting decisions their way.
City players pressured the ref throughout the game.

And I still say Utd were never interested in Europa League. And that's a fact.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Well, they snatched a late draw, but still not bad for Utd. Tough game it will be on Monday. Look at the other results today, QPR, Bolton and Wigan all won, piling pressure on Blackburn.
But on the other hand Arsenal lost, so it will be even tougher for City to go there and win. Arsenal will badly need 3 points for themselves too in fight for CL place.
What a game that is shaping up to be.

Old 03-31-2012, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD47john View Post
No I did'nt. Fans in Ireland watch the games and go to games unlike most Americans who just pick a team and could'nt even tell you who plays for them. Most of us have family over there in the likes of Liverpool and Manchester. Do you know that Liverpool is closer to Dublin then London. Why do you think they call Scousers Paddy's who can swim.
Just because you live in Ireland and can "swim" to Liverpool, doesn't make you more knowledgeable about football.
I grew up in Europe watching football since I know of myself, being at tons of games either. I even played for a local team for a while. So, do I know more football than you than?
You may know the culture of the British/Irish more, and that is Ok as you live there.
Why do you think all Americans just pick their clubs and they don't even know the club's players?
You think there are no such fans in Europe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer