Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 11:40 AM

1,817 posts, read 4,924,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
But few soccer games end in 3-2.

Most games(or shall I say matches) don't have more than 3 total goals!!! To find a game with 5 goals is rare.

0-1 or 0-0 or 0-2 are typical...
The post you are referring to is well over two years old.

Fell better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 07:05 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,433,837 times
Football (soccer) isn't an American sport, it's the WORLD's sport. Which, last time I checked the United States was a part of the world community.

We have these little niche sports here in the states that pale in comparison.....

A lot of Americans are missing out by not supporting this sport, supporting the domestic league (which is growing bigger and bigger every year, slowly but surely), and supporting their national team...because this is the ONLY sport on the planet that crowns a true world champion in a tournament that is bigger 100 times over than anything in the sporting world.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:50 PM

943 posts, read 781,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipcromer View Post
The post you are referring to is well over two years old.

Fell better?

FELL better??

Old 01-01-2010, 09:10 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,529,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
...because this is the ONLY sport on the planet that crowns a true world champion in a tournament that is bigger 100 times over than anything in the sporting world.
I had no idea the FIFA Club World Cup was that big.

Old 01-01-2010, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I had no idea the FIFA Club World Cup was that big.
Well, when you take into account that around 90 million people throughout the world watched that last Super Bowl (which is a pretty respectable number), versus the 800 million to 1.2 billion (hard to get a genuinely accurate number, most estimates are at 1 billion) that watched the World Cup Final in 06 you get a sense of how big it truly is.

Old 01-02-2010, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
Well, when you take into account that around 90 million people throughout the world watched that last Super Bowl (which is a pretty respectable number), versus the 800 million to 1.2 billion (hard to get a genuinely accurate number, most estimates are at 1 billion) that watched the World Cup Final in 06 you get a sense of how big it truly is.
I don't think you're following me. I'm well aware that the World Cup draws many more viewers than the Super Bowl, but that's a national competition, not a club competition. So, to me, it's always been a bit of an apples-and-oranges comparison. At the club level, the only thing that could be called a world champion in soccer is the winner of the FIFA Club World Cup, but I don't think that competition draws as much interest as either the UEFA Champions League or Copa Libertadores.

In short, I was just jerking your chain a little. And for the record, to me it's the Super Bowl champion, not world champion.

Old 01-02-2010, 11:30 AM

3,681 posts, read 9,054,484 times
Completely changing the subject here, I can NOT wait till the World cup this summer!!!! I'm SO excited and glad that it'll be on ESPN this year. I hope the US has a great showing... Woo hooo..

Old 01-02-2010, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Greensboro Resident View Post
I hope the US has a great showing... Woo hooo..
Me, too, but I'm not expecting much. The loss of Davies hurts, and Gooch likely won't be match fit in time for the WC. Both injuries hurt us tremendously at positions in which we're thin. Plus, there's the Bradley factor. Dempsey does well as a striker at Fulham, yet Bradley insists on playing out out of position at midfield.

Hopefully I'm wrong about all of this.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 PM

1,817 posts, read 4,924,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
FELL better??
You should go as 'spell check' for halloween.

Old 01-05-2010, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Me, too, but I'm not expecting much. The loss of Davies hurts, and Gooch likely won't be match fit in time for the WC. Both injuries hurt us tremendously at positions in which we're thin. Plus, there's the Bradley factor. Dempsey does well as a striker at Fulham, yet Bradley insists on playing out out of position at midfield.

Hopefully I'm wrong about all of this.
I agree with this. Most people think the Unites States and England are a shoe-in for the knockout round... I tend to disagree. Algeria could be the dark horse of the group, as those African teams always seem to be unpredictable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer