Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2011, 09:29 AM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times

Advertisements

It only takes one voice to get the ball rolling and bring about change to a corrupt system. Too bad Der Kaiser couldn't be that voice. Sad. There's no excuse for defending Blatter.

Franz Beckenbauer: Sepp Blatter doing a wonderful job - ESPN Soccernet
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2011, 11:11 AM

18,123 posts, read 25,266,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
It only takes one voice to get the ball rolling and bring about change to a corrupt system. Too bad Der Kaiser couldn't be that voice. Sad. There's no excuse for defending Blatter.

Franz Beckenbauer: Sepp Blatter doing a wonderful job - ESPN Soccernet
All of soccer is corrupt.
You'd have to change every single federation in the World, to fix that problem.

Why do you think FIFA doesn't allow any courts to punish their federations?

Old 05-29-2011, 02:30 PM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,266 times
FIFA must be one of the must corrupt organisations around. I'm sure both Russia and (especially) Qatar bought their respective bids.

What baffles and also fascinates me, is the fact that everybody knows it, but nonetheless nobody's doing anything real about it. I mean, I'm sure if the European Union for example would really decide to act, Fifa would have to yield. But somehow, despite all the evidence, it doesn't happen.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:31 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,842,587 times
get blatter to f**k, and the rest of them! sorry about the language, but i hate him, and most of the other top dogs in fifa, there gonna end up ruining the game i love because of their sheer greed! how this "election" can still go on is beyond me, well done to chuck blazer and the english and scottish fa's for trying to do something, but we need more people and countries fa's to stand up to these corrupt idiots

Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 AM

True. Maybe UEFA should make a stand against them, you know. I figger if UEFA pulls out of FIFA to start its own world cup, other's would follow.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:58 AM

921 posts, read 1,095,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
True. Maybe UEFA should make a stand against them, you know. I figger if UEFA pulls out of FIFA to start its own world cup, other's would follow.
UEFA to start its own world cup? How can european organization start a world cup?
BTW, vote that clown out of fifa, because football is losing with him.
Look at the latest world cup...it was joke, i cannot even imagine how the world cup will be in qatar, probably a dissaster.

Old 06-03-2011, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
UEFA to start its own world cup? How can european organization start a world cup?
BTW, vote that clown out of fifa, because football is losing with him.
Look at the latest world cup...it was joke, i cannot even imagine how the world cup will be in qatar, probably a dissaster.
UEFA could organize their own world cup if they'd simply decide to "go rogue" and tell FIFA to go screw themselves. After that, they could invite other countries (who would understand it's of no avail having a world cup without any European team in it) to join the UEFA-organized world cup.
Of course i'm well aware that this is probably never going to happen.I just like to daydream about it .

Old 06-05-2011, 11:32 PM

6,404 posts, read 8,980,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
UEFA could organize their own world cup if they'd simply decide to "go rogue" and tell FIFA to go screw themselves. After that, they could invite other countries (who would understand it's of no avail having a world cup without any European team in it) to join the UEFA-organized world cup.
Of course i'm well aware that this is probably never going to happen.I just like to daydream about it .
Right now if USA, England, Ireland, Japan and Australia united and took a firm stand against Blatter and FIFA, I think they could draw other nations in. UEFA invited Israel and Turkey into their competitions. Why not go global?

Old 06-05-2011, 11:59 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,403,189 times
Because UEFA is not a world organization. The amount of money and things involved to do anything like that would be huge. Aside from the cost you are looking at members not leaving FIFA so you split everybody.

Easiest thing one would think would be to boot Blatter and reform FIFA but ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer