Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2011, 11:57 AM

92 posts, read 155,059 times

Advertisements

Is there anyone following the Gold Cup? Some pretty strong football being played so far. The Games are in the Quarterfinal stage now and the current matchups are:

Costa Rica vs Honduras (New Jersey); Mexico vs Guatemala (New Jersey); Jamaica vs USA (DC); Panama vs El Salvador (DC)

I will be at the match between the US and Jamaica this weekend in DC. Rounding up all my Yardman from the DMV, Boston and NYC to support. Was also at the Honduras vs Jamaica match at Red Bull arena.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 12:03 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,984,794 times
Ah, yes. I will be watching USA v Jamaica on Sunday. Worked during the other matches. I'm really hoping Sunil and Bradley are sent packing after Gold Cup is over. Horrific results so far. The squad is well past it's peak with Bradley calling the shots and Sunil just needs to go.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
Ah, yes. I will be watching USA v Jamaica on Sunday. Worked during the other matches. I'm really hoping Sunil and Bradley are sent packing after Gold Cup is over. Horrific results so far. The squad is well past it's peak with Bradley calling the shots and Sunil just needs to go.
Well I'm hoping the Reggaeboyz do you a major solid and help speed up that process

A strong US is good for the CONCACAF in general though, even though I support Jamaica any step to keeping the US as one of the stronger teams overall is good for the conference.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardman View Post
Well I'm hoping the Reggaeboyz do you a major solid and help speed up that process

A strong US is good for the CONCACAF in general though, even though I support Jamaica any step to keeping the US as one of the stronger teams overall is good for the conference.
You're from Boston and Beirut but support Jamaica?

Old 06-21-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bondurant View Post
You're from Boston and Beirut but support Jamaica?
I'm Jamaican. I live in Boston and spend a considerable amount of time in the Middle East for work. Last year it was Boston and Istanbul...this year its Beirut.

Good win btw, the US is hitting their form. Looks like its shaping up to be a Mexico-US final which will be fantastic to watch.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:48 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
I hope we don't make the same mistake other teams have made in this tournament and fail to mark Chicharito.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
I hope we don't make the same mistake other teams have made in this tournament and fail to mark Chicharito.
Bradley will find some way to mess this up.

Old 06-24-2011, 05:50 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,971,739 times
What I find weird is: why do you organize the final in the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles? I mean, you know there is a good chance that Mexico will reach the finals and you also know that there will probably be more fans cheering Mexico than you, the home team.

I know the Rose Bowl is your biggest stadium, but if I were you, I'd play the final somewhere in the north of the States. Maybe in the stadiums of the Green Bay Packers or the Minnesota Vikings or something? Or maybe in the southeast. But certainly nót in the southwest .

Old 06-24-2011, 05:53 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondrood View Post
What I find weird is: why do you organize the final in the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles? I mean, you know there is a good chance that Mexico will reach the finals and you also know that there will probably be more fans cheering Mexico than you, the home team.

I know the Rose Bowl is your biggest stadium, but if I were you, I'd play the final somewhere in the north of the States. Maybe in the stadiums of the Green Bay Packers or the Minnesota Vikings or something? Or maybe in the southeast. But certainly nót in the southwest .
Guaranteed sellout - $$$$$$

CONCACAF wants the moolah.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:24 AM

7,599 posts, read 18,407,960 times
You cant avoid Mexicans at a game. Wherever you hold it here is a chance there will be more of them as they are fanatical about football.

Have a few people coming over to watch the game on Sat. Couple of them have never seen a game before so lets hope its a good one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer