U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 10:50 AM

6,495 posts, read 10,804,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
Being that he has been in the US and he is a Football man you know he watches MLS and the players abroad out of pure interest from the game so he does have that advantage. I dont think he would have been my first choice but I hope he plays a style of play that the US can do and they do well.
I'd like to think that Klinsmann is smart enough to tailor the gameplan to the skill set of his players. That said, I'm very interested in how he'll construct the roster. Will he take a second look at players that Bradley, for whatever reason, had seemed to abandon (Buddle, Torres, Gomez, etc.)? Can he convince Chandler that his future is with the U.S. and not Germany?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 11:06 AM

7,551 posts, read 16,392,934 times
I would hope so too, but look at Capello and Trapatoni, you would think they would ....

Id just like to not see Bornstein in the squad at all.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:13 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,972,218 times
Klinsmann is in, Fantastic!!!

IMHO, our biggest weakness in South Africa (and to a lesser extent the Gold Cup), was a threat crushing defensive midfielder ala Mark van Bommell.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:24 AM

4,848 posts, read 6,365,548 times
This is where the fun begins. I don't expect Klinsmann to stick with guys that fail again and again to impress. Bradley's favorites will no longer be favored. Bornstein's international career may finally come to an end.

I expect Klinsi to begin to weed out some older players as well. I think he'll push to include Timmy Chandler.

Klinsmann may also serve to inspire the team in ways Bradley could not. I think he'll have an easier time convincing guys with potential dual citizenship to come on board for USA.

I'm excited. I like it.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:40 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,095,038 times
trust me, big mistake, honestly its a really bad decision, the us team will go backwards under him, mark my words

Old 07-29-2011, 12:52 PM

6,495 posts, read 10,804,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
trust me, big mistake, honestly its a really bad decision, the us team will go backwards under him, mark my words
On what do you base this?

Old 07-29-2011, 07:23 PM

i base this on he has not accomplished anything in football, he done nothing for germany it was jurgen low who has made germany what they are today, look i have a soft spot for the us national team, i would say they are, after scotland my favorite national side, i want them to do well but i just think klinsmann is a worse manager then bradley, so how does it make sense hiring him! you will see what i mean in due course, he will make the us play football they are not comfortable with and their performances will deteriorate as a result, sorry to say but IMO it is a bad choice

Old 07-30-2011, 06:14 AM

263 posts, read 541,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paull805 View Post
i base this on he has not accomplished anything in football, he done nothing for germany it was jurgen low who has made germany what they are today, look i have a soft spot for the us national team, i would say they are, after scotland my favorite national side, i want them to do well but i just think klinsmann is a worse manager then bradley, so how does it make sense hiring him! you will see what i mean in due course, he will make the us play football they are not comfortable with and their performances will deteriorate as a result, sorry to say but IMO it is a bad choice
Really? he will get the best players to produce, and that does not include most of the current crop, he has been living in the States for Years and watched the inferior product all along. Time to wake up. What has he done as a player and Coach? more then any other Coach or player on this continent... perfect choice.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:25 AM

doesn't matter if he has lived in the states for years, bob bradley was american and for me a better manager, he isn't a good enough manger IMO, obviously he done great things as a player, what has he actually achieved in managment? nothing. look you are all mostly americans it's your national team, if you think it's a good appointment, then fair dos, i would be unhappy if i was american thats for sure, is there seriously nobody on here that thinks it is a bad choice?! lol

Old 07-30-2011, 08:33 AM

4,848 posts, read 6,365,548 times
Here's an article from Grant Wahl. It address' the pros and some of the cons about Klinsi. An interesting point in here is that it's believed he'll never be able to land a job in German football again. One director, however, says he's best suited for national sides. Good read.

Jrgen Klinsmann could redefine U.S. team'sphilosophy - Grant Wahl - SI.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer