U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 01:52 PM

7,551 posts, read 16,396,020 times

Advertisements

Bradley did pretty good in the WC with the squad he had. Yes he played players that shouldnt have been there but most managers will have you question some of their decisions too. The US does not have that good of a squad. They are good, but they are not as good as people expect them to be. Thats my biggest question of Klinsmann, will he play within the teams ability and not beyond what they can play like Trap and the England manager is doing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2011, 08:00 PM

1,047 posts, read 3,361,836 times
What does everyone think of klinsmann's roster for the US/Mexico game next week. Some faces not seen for awhile.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:18 PM

4,850 posts, read 6,368,152 times
Bob Bradley is a finalist to fill the head coach vacancy for the Egyptian National Team. This would be a huge milestone for US soccer. An American coach at the helm of a foreign national side is a big step up even if it's just Egypt. Despite my unhappiness with his direction during his second term with our national side, I wish him the best and hope he gets this gig if he wants it.

Egypt FA to pick one of three foreigners to coach the Pharaohs - National Teams - Sports - Ahram Online (http://english.ahram.org.eg/NewsContent/6/52/18311/Sports/National-Teams/Egypt-FA-to-pick-one-of-three-foreigners-to-coach-.aspx - broken link)

Old 08-09-2011, 08:45 AM

I dont see it as a huge milestone. Its Egypt. Nobody really cares. Nobody outside of Egypt is going to notice they have a US manager until they play them and they will forget about it.

Old 08-09-2011, 10:17 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,097,982 times
Egypt are a good side, they play great football, just playing devils advocate here, but who's to say Egypt aren't better than the US? Just asking lol

Old 08-09-2011, 10:30 AM

4,850 posts, read 6,368,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I dont see it as a huge milestone. Its Egypt. Nobody really cares. Nobody outside of Egypt is going to notice they have a US manager until they play them and they will forget about it.
Should Bradley get the job he would be the first American to take the helm of a foreign national team. Egypt isn't Iceland. If he was hired it would be worldwide sporting news, I'm sure.

Egypt is a decent side too. They typically perform well in the Cup of Nations and were on the cusp of a World Cup birth last cycle. Qualification for Africa (even for the better sides) isn't a cake walk like CONCACAF is for USA and Mexico.

Old 08-09-2011, 12:27 PM

First American to take charge of a national team would be big news here I am sure of that, but elsewhere not really. I dont know that many people (outside of America) that care what the national team or any else really does.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:51 PM

5,763 posts, read 9,751,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post

It's a good sign for US soccer and Egypt is a better team than you think they are. They only missed the WC by a hair and there was even controversy surrounding them missing. They are one of the up and coming teams in the world right now and this is a great opportunity for Bradley. Hell, I would be worried Egypt would handle us right now the way we played in the Gold Cup.

Old 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM

I know theyre a good team, I am just saying the appointment isnt that big a deal. Egypt has beaten the jokeshop that is Ireland on occasions.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:15 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,097,982 times
There hardly a joke, the African cup of nations is one of the hardest continent cups, a lot of evenly matched teams playing, Egypt have won it 7 times, they have won the last 3 on the trot! He has a lot to work with with them, there on par or even better than the states at this moment in time IMO, they play some lovely football
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer