U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 02:59 PM

921 posts, read 909,397 times

Advertisements

Well, maybe he got slated because of any of this:
Rafa Benitez Chelsea manager: I'd never take Stamford Bridge job | Mail Online

Shows off his character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 03:01 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,088,512 times
Chelsea were SO lucky not to concede 2/3, but thats football!

Old 05-15-2013, 03:18 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Well, maybe he got slated because of any of this:
Rafa Benitez Chelsea manager: I'd never take Stamford Bridge job | Mail Online

Shows off his character.
Shows off his character? This coming from a supporter of the club who had the biggest bully in English football as a manager for 26 years?

Of course he would say what he said. He was manager of Liverpool and about to take on Chelsea in the CL semi-final. He then goes to Chelsea and does a great job. At the same time, he has the media, fans and club on his back.

The fact is, he is a top class manager and a master of European football.

Character? You having a laugh?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM

Just shut the heck up, will you?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:55 PM

1,651 posts, read 1,307,405 times
Is that your argument Pete? Okay, we will leave it there. Goodnight lads and congrats to Chelsea. Any Chelsea fans on here, have a good night.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:19 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times
What a finish in the second half. Torres with a great goal, Lampard bangs the post, a barely offside no goal for Benfica and Chelsea become the first English team to win all 3 major European trophies and have been the only English team to make any kind of serious noise in Europe the last 2 seasons.

As a Chelsea fan, I don't mind Rafa. His track record over the years is impressive and I think he did a pretty good job this season.

Old 05-15-2013, 04:36 PM

There is nothing to argue about with you, senor moderator.
When did you become a Chelsea fan btw?

Old 05-15-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
What a finish in the second half. Torres with a great goal, Lampard bangs the post, a barely offside no goal for Benfica and Chelsea become the first English team to win all 3 major European trophies and have been the only English team to make any kind of serious noise in Europe the last 2 seasons.

As a Chelsea fan, I don't mind Rafa. His track record over the years is impressive and I think he did a pretty good job this season.
Just out of curiosity....did you like him when he get appointed as Chelsea manager?

Old 05-15-2013, 05:20 PM

7,810 posts, read 6,631,693 times
I'm a Chelsea fan, I don't want Benitez in charge, things quietened down a bit as soon as he confirmed he was only an 'interim' manager - I wish him no ills and even thank him for the effort he has put in to the club in the last 6 months but I won't forget his comments in the past, I pray the Mourinho rumours are true and that he comes 'home' next season.

Old 05-15-2013, 06:37 PM

3,722 posts, read 3,877,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
Just out of curiosity....did you like him when he get appointed as Chelsea manager?
I was more angry at the fact that Roman decided to fire yet another manager. Prior to him coming to Chelsea I didn't care too much for him, namely because he managed a rival at Liverpool. His resume speaks for its self and he has shown at multiple clubs he can manage and manage well. So I always respected what he had done at other clubs.

I know several Chelsea fans who were beyond pissed and would go on an on about how bad he is and could not get over his comments about the club previously. I just focused on supporting the club and cheering the boys on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or