U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 05:54 PM

1,451 posts, read 1,424,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete MUFC View Post
I doubt they'll give it a go at UEFA cup. Most due to the fact that games are being played on Thursday night only 48 hour before their EPL games.
That and the fact there are so many injuries already makes me think that SAF will threat this competition as a Carling Cup.
Plus, there are not a lot of financial interest in this tournament.
I hope they don't treat it like the Carling Cup.

It's obviously not the CL but Ajax is quality competition and the youngsters can fill in when the competition is weaker. We're in it, let's win it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM

921 posts, read 909,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekid View Post
I hope they don't treat it like the Carling Cup.

It's obviously not the CL but Ajax is quality competition and the youngsters can fill in when the competition is weaker. We're in it, let's win it!
I would rather see them winning the EPL .

Old 02-16-2012, 01:23 PM

2-0; job done Pete..i watched a stream from work lol

Old 02-16-2012, 09:05 PM

Quote:
2-0; job done Pete..i watched a stream from work lol
Is Valencia's injury serious?

Old 02-17-2012, 02:01 AM

7,972 posts, read 10,085,866 times
He will be out for 4 weeks, not to bad but a blow.

Old 02-22-2012, 12:11 PM

Citeh thrashed Porto 4:0.
Strong team selected by Mancini tells you they want to win this thing.
Let's see how Utd will show up tomorrow. Me thinks "second string" team will play - Park, Berba, Owen if not injured, Pogba, maybe Friers (sp), brazilian twins ...

Old 02-22-2012, 12:24 PM

Owen? im not sure he'll go that deep into his pockets..i think it looks like he'll have a decent side but rest some folks like Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Rio, Nani.

If he doesnt play Berba...i think that says something.

Also Pete, they had a free stream of the last game..pm me if you need it.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Owen? im not sure he'll go that deep into his pockets..i think it looks like he'll have a decent side but rest some folks like Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Rio, Nani.

If he doesnt play Berba...i think that says something.

Also Pete, they had a free stream of the last game..pm me if you need it.
I'll be at work at that time tomorrow, don't believe I can watch the game, but will PM you anyway.

Now, regarding team selection, I don't know why Berba can't get more games, I really don't understand that.
However, if I pick the team for tomorrow this is the team I'll play:

Amos - Fabio, Smalling, Evans, Rafael - Park, Carrick, Cleverly, Pogba - Berba, Wellbeck
Subs: De Gea, Jones, Fryers, Nani, Young, Hernandez.
I'll give day off to Rooney, Giggs, Scholes, Rio and keep them fresh for Norwich on Sunday .
I don't know what the status of Owen is so he can have a day off. He will sure use it for a visit to his ranch and check on his horses

Old 02-22-2012, 01:04 PM

7,972 posts, read 10,085,866 times
Nice to see City taken it serious, this years Europa league is almost as good as the Champion League, I am enjoying it. And City dismantled a quality Porto side tonight, signs there over their mini-slump.

Old 02-23-2012, 03:01 PM

Oh Utd, Utd. Another poor showing, what is wrong with these players?
They look like they don't want to play in these European games, or is that just a part of the plan?
With a home European performance like this, it's not surprising United are only playing in the Europa League. What do you think infinitekid?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or